Did you find the "ice wall"? XD

+5 1.5 years ago

Ah, the Space Shuttle's communist brother. Nice!

+4 1.5 years ago

Hey, awesome chart bro! Yes more charts like this would be awesome! I think it would also be even more awesome if Jundroo added more space ports around Droo.

@FOXLOVER
    New high-quality SP builds are still getting around +1,000 downloads and +50 upvotes in a single day. Meanwhile SR2 builds barely get 50 downloads in a day and a couple of upvotes. I'd say SP is far from dead. Although SR2 will most definitely get a boost in player base once it comes out for mobile.

Can't wait for the landing gear in this update! I was gonna upload my Endeavor Rocket Plane but I'm gonna wait for the update first since it'll have the new landing gear that I can use instead of my sort-of-fragile custom landing gear.

Yep

yep

Awesome! Can't wait for SR2!

+2 2.4 years ago

@Dogfish5550
    Because the 747-8 is very expensive to purchase new, and there aren't very many on the used market yet. Rainier Aerospace only needed older used 747-400's that were cheaper to outright purchase. Age doesn't matter too much when the airplanes will only be flying a couple of select missions & flights a year instead of flying every day like in regular airline service. Virgin Orbit also has used 747-400's from Virgin Atlantic, and Orbital ATK/Northrop Grumman uses an even older L-1011. NASA for a long time also flew a very old & early model B-52B right up to 2008 before replacing it. However Rainier Aerospace is open to the possibility of purchasing a used 747-8F in the future if one is on the market and is cheap enough, although this is only if the current 747-400 air launch aircraft aren't capable of carrying some of the larger planned rocketplanes such as Young and Enterprise. A dedicated air launch aircraft called "Star Launch" which so far kind of looks like a larger XB-70 is also in the early design stages that will be able to achieve higher launching altitudes and speeds for the rocketplanes compared to the 747s. Star Launch will be a relatively "one off" kind of aircraft in very limited production as only 2 are planned to be built for Rainier Aerospace, and both aircraft and their components are planned to be built nearly 100% in-house to keep costs as low as possible.

Take care pal, I've been there before!

@DPSAircraftManufacturer
    Yeet skeet

Wow that is awesome, especially that Omega-II!

@KraZIvan
    Rainier just recently completed the 2nd Atmos engine test with the new gimbal mechanism.

Hey guys I've finally found a good formula for getting into orbit with the Endeavor launching from a runway; Here's the procedures I've made for it:

Rainier Endeavor Runway Launch Procedure Eastbound Trajectory to 100km Orbit:

1. Activate AG-2 [Flight Controls]
    2. Max Pitch Up
    3. Set Throttle to Max 100%
    4. Activate AG-1 [Atmos Rocket Engine Ignition]
    5. Set Computer Guidance Pitch to 75°
    6. Throttle down to 80%-85% after passing 1,000m
    7. Set Pitch to 60° after reaching 5,000m
    8. Set 100% Max Throttle after reaching 15,000m
    9. Activate AG-5 [Reaction Control System] after reaching 20,000m
    10. Set Pitch to Lock Apoapsis
    11. Activate AG-6 [2nd Stage Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle Separation & RCS Controls & Orbitz Engine Activation]
    12. Set OMV Orbitz Engine Thrust to 100% until Apoapsis reaches at least 100.0km, then cut engine power to 0%
    13. At 40 seconds from reaching Apoapsis at 100.0km, re-start Orbitz engine to 100% Max Power and lock Pitch to Apoapsis.
    14. Continue until steady orbit is achieved or Kerolox/RP-1 fuel tanks are depleted.
    15. Once a safe orbit is confirmed, separate protection fairings.
    16. Once fairings clear the OMV, release the payload.
    17. Switch to payload for payload operations (solar panel deployement, gyro/RCS systems activation, etc...)

Hällœ

Awesome, looks like I have good competition! :)

The new landing gear goes great on my WIP rocket plane! Also I think SP could use the new jet engines & landing gear from SR2 (not like a conversion, but make something similar in SP).

Cool report! I love seeing all these different RP companies on SP and SR2 and what they're up to. I might do reports like this covering Rainier's projects too.

What am I looking at

" altitude-compensating toroidal aerospike nozzle."

Great! But I'm still waiting (and hoping) linear aerospikes will make their way to SR2.

+1 1.3 years ago

I bet your fun at parties.

+1 1.5 years ago

elon r u ok

+1 1.6 years ago

I'd love to do beta testing but my PC isn't the best (specs & performance wise).

+1 1.7 years ago

@AN2Felllla
    Thats what I was about to say lol.

"It's a good thing we don't have any astronauts in SR2 yet."

YET

+1 1.9 years ago

I smashed that button, and now I need a new monitor...

Can't wait for SR2! I'll probably still stay with SP for a very long time, but it would be cool if you could bring builds from SP into SR2.

+1 2.0 years ago

@Supercraft888
    Since it's a giant gas planet, why not Jaeger?

+1 2.4 years ago

Planet Yeager or Jaeger?

+1 2.4 years ago

Oh boy I can't wait to try to make a Vizzy program that lands my rocketplane.
    nervous laughter

4 months ago

Orbitz Engine test has been delayed once again unfortunately.

8 months ago

@QuickNils
    AAY BOI

8 months ago

@Oski
    My typical orbital entry/configuration is to depart the runway at a 75-65 angle, and continue like that all the way until the apoasis reaches 70,000 meters. It's been my best method so far at reaching as high as an orbital height I can get to, but I think it may be inefficient. I'll try a more shallow departure & orbit entry next time I'm on SR2.

9 months ago

@CasualCrusade
    I changed my 2nd stage "Orbitz" engine from a Gas Generator 1 to a Staged setup, with tuned settings, and now my engine is a lot more efficient while still pushing out a lot of power. On my 2nd try with the redesigned Orbitz engine, I was able to achieve a steady, sort-of-lop-sided orbit, but it was definitely an improvement. Now at this point I think I just have to fine-tune my methods into directing the entire launch into a proper orbit and getting it to be nice and even, not lop-sided. And yes I've been using the performance analyzer. Although I don't expect my Endeavor rocket-plane to launch anything higher than 150km. My next rocket-plane design will be larger and more powerful. For now at least, I've been launching the Endeavor with a runway take-off, and it does eat up quite a bit of fuel; I'd usually be at 75-80% fuel once I cross the end of the runway and climbing. I'm thinking a vertical launch off of a launch pad or an air-launch will get me into a higher orbital height.

9 months ago

Awesome! Glad to hear PC will get a performance boost; My PC could definitely use one!

9 months ago

@Teague
    Forum post will be made tomorrow (my time), but what do you think of my patch so far? The mission is officially designated as "TEST-1".

10 months ago

@Teague
    There'll be a forum post covering the mission.

10 months ago

I think I'm gonna make a mission patch for my rocket-plane air-launch glide test today.

10 months ago

I really love the mission patch you got there!

10 months ago

This would be even better in SP. I mean the propeller engines are already fairly customizable, but I think they should still get an overhaul.

10 months ago

Wait, is the game now publicly updated to this new update? Can I exit public beta?

10 months ago

@Kell
    Problem solved; my command chip wasn't oriented properly.

10 months ago

@GamingLaptopNoob
    I feel incredibly dumb now. My command chip/pilot was upside down and facing backwards. Thanks for suggesting that, you really helped!

10 months ago

@PlanesofJundroo
    I hope so!

one year ago

@AtlantikWall45
    Oh ok

one year ago

I wouldn't really expect official weapons from Jundroo in SR2, but from the modding community? Probably.

one year ago

Oh I forgot you were doing this! Nice to see an update. That is so freaking cool your able to do this!

one year ago

Oh cool a bunch of rocket engines.
    Sees the linear aerospike
    I'll take your entire stock!

one year ago

@Caveman999
    Actually me neither lol.

1.5 years ago

Lasers would be cool.

Once I get SR2 one of my ideas is to make a giant space plane and it would come in 3 varirants: ISS replacement, interplanetary transport, and orbital defense. The militarized version would feature lasers, kinetic rods, and a mass-driver/rail-gun. The only thing that would be missing is the lasers but I'm pretty sure I can make kinetic rods and a mass-driver with default parts. I haven't played SR2 yet so I don't even know how feasible a spaceplane like this could be but it's worth a shot I guess. lol

1.5 years ago