you should soooo post some game footage so the community doesn't go assume that you are making false claims, since you apparently got multiplayer sync within a few days of getting the game, as that would be incredibly tragic and under-appreciating of such a super-human feat.

Well done you made it to the front pa-

Oh I forgot to say I was making a weapons mod
    pics

The "Normal Smoothing Angle" looks interesting but have you considered smoothing normals between connected fuselages?

@swope change the link to https://i.imgur.com/jDyC7Z1.png for higher quality goodness.

+3 15 days ago

Love especially the idea of clouds, mod support ofc, wings that aren't rectangular, improved camera. Not sure about custom textures on crafts though.

@Chancey21 that's what this is planned to be

@PorkyClown3 it's the file path to the mod in the mods folder, but in lower case. Go to the mod (in the mods folder, not your downloads) and shift + right click on it then press "copy as path". That will copy the file path to the mod, but it likely has upper case letters that you need to make lower case. If you have something like notepad++ you can do that quickly but you could also do it manually. The path at the end might look a bit like this:
    c:\users\yourusername\appdata\locallow\jundroo\simplerockets 2\mods\overload.windows.sr2-mod

please consider editing your titles to be less indicative of low quality content, even if said content is low quality it's not a good look for the site, or you could even consider avoiding posting said content, thanks.

HMM

Of course we can't see the crafts, it would be painful to watch and not play and they'd feel obliged to upload more...

I'll first work on a port of overload, of course, then probably look into weapons if they aren't stock.

+3 1.2 years ago

angular velocity = 0.0001246663751424521 radians/second
    1/0.0001246663751424521 = 8021.40913183153 s/rad
    8021.40913183153 * 2pi = 50400.00000000003 seconds per revolution
    50400/60 = 840 minutes or 14 hours.

+2 2 days ago

Database rollback. The site hosts are having lots of problems. See here for details

+2 9 days ago

Tip: in most search engines (google, bing, duckduckgo, etc) you can specify the site to search for. For instance, to find an infinite fuel tank, you could search for:

infinite fuel site:simplerockets.com

and you'd get only results from this site.

@mjdfx150529 @AndrewGarrison I genuinely have no idea what I was thinking there... This is why you don't try to use your brain when you have a cold and are about to sleep! The double letters must have thrown me off. I'm sane, believe me.

for #2: already making the weapons mod. There is no mod support yet, nor a game, but I don't care.

This is definitely good.

WOW

Too bad you only get points for forum-spamming...

not only do you suck at script injection but you kinda suck at HTML/JS too, despite the fact you probably copied it RIP

I'm devoid of an interesting/funny/original comment for this one. Good work. Hurry tho. :)

I know Andrew is gonna kill me for saying this, but try setting a target, then using DJGPP?

+1 9 days ago

@JediWolf yeah, android should support modding, but like SimplePlanes, iOS will not due to Apple's App Store policies.

+1 21 days ago

@Opise227 the open/close tag thing is simply how XML works. Because <EnabledMods /> is "self-closing", it is essentially shorthand for <EnabledMods></EnabledMods>. The lower case thing is a nuance of the game. The mod loading wasn't really designed to be doing this at this point. It gets all the mods it can see, including the details on path and last updated, and checks for an exact match in the settings file. Before it does this it converts the other path to lower case (probably to negate any changes in case), so the entry in settings has to be lower case as well. I have tested this. It will be more user friendly in the future when the mod api is officially supported.

@swope yes, you will go down in history. Your great sacrifice in the name of OCD will be remembered.

@mjdfx150529 too late xD

It sounds wrong but it's been the most stable and effective way, out of the 3 I tried.

@AndrewGarrison nope it's the same way as SP and I have to admit it's not very uh.... I'm not sure how to describe it. I re-call the constructor on the existing PartData object. Yup it lets you do that. I was surprised too. Of course I have to do a load of other stuff to preserve symmetry and things.

This just happened to me now. I connected VS 2017's debugger - it's all external code running and SimpleRockets2.dll is not loaded yet. The application is unresponsive and goes to a white screen. output_log.txt is fairly minimal. I saved a .dmp file with VS which I can upload if you want. I killed it and restarted it and received the same bug. Then I started it directly (not via steam) and it worked. After that, it now works through steam again. Could be coincidental but a steam overlay issue is highly likely. gameoverlayrenderer64.dll from my Steam install was present in the dump.

*radii
    Just kidding.
    Nice Update!

well, I guess you'd have to be constantly updating the planet's orbital trajectories... currently they are "railed" onto a fixed orbit. Not sure what this would help with too much, besides more complex binary-type systems I guess. Manoeuvre node prediction would be pretty hard though in such an irregular environment - that would be the main obstacle.

@AnotherFireFox
    fuelConsumption is the amount of fuel it consumes in some kind of unit per second (not sure what the unit is but it's the same one used to set fuel on fuel tanks, possible litres but I'm not too sure)
    fuelConsumptionScale is the slider you get in the designer which affects not only the fuel consumption but the thrust.
    thrust is literally the thrust given out by the engine at full throttle.
    ISP is calculated based on the first and last value.

Full list of engine xml options:

electricalConsumption type=float
    fuelConsumption type=float
    fuelConsumptionScale type=float
    gimbalRange type=float
    maxGimbalAngle type=float
    maxTorque type=float
    seaLevelEfficiency type=float
    supportsWarpBurn type=bool
    thrust type=float
    vacuumEfficiency type=float

@Jetspeed1001 the change was a long time ago (not months, probably a few weeks), but the old logo would have been cached in your browser for a while. If you do ctrl+F5 it refreshes all things.

really? what are they needed for? forums are for encouraging debate and conversation in the community, and to start sectioning them off and turning it into a social media site is just gonna kill it.

Absolving yourself from keeping realism. Nice one.

@Caveman999 yeah, because they haven't been spamming the forums of an unreleased game, but quietly and patiently waiting...

@JoshMan @Bmcclory there is definitely plans already to make SR2 modding much better than SP. I have a good idea why, and if so then modding is gonna get so much easier at entry level in terms of the things you can do...

almost as sock-knocking as 22 typhoons today!

@AN2Felllla not yet, james. Calm down.

@MrTaco yes. And you can get a headset which has a screen that can go transparent. So you see everything around you, but the headset can also display things on top. Examples

just gonna pretend that anyone has an AR headset. Though it could be a good excuse to try and get a hololens off of microsoft.

@Arnmra air tends not to be pure oxygen. Otherwise it would be called oxygen. Not air.

What if we got rid of "XML modding" altogether, and replaced it with a universal "advanced mode"? That would make things far more accessible to everyone.

@BobDaBilder123 I don't know, but if there isn't then I'll be looking to mod them in.

+1 one year ago

Awesome! I was working on a kOS booster autoland in ksp, which I'm sure will get ported across if I get SPLua (or some other name if I change it like I probably will) working in SR2...

+1 one year ago

• Love the UI. Kinda reminds me of Space Engineers (but don't go overboard with styling and huge amounts of padding)
    • Who else is thinking about some kind of expression-based InputController logic?

+1 1.1 years ago

You should probably add "why do I have 100 points?" and "why don't I have 100 points?"

+1 1.2 years ago

Unfortunately Andrew has a job already... Now I can't read his mind but I can't also imagine he'd want to leave jundroo (the company he created) and the games he brought into existence, to go and start from square one? Did you realise that this was a full time job ad, not just a little request for "help"?