@SupremeDorian SimpleWheels will rise again! We just need to get the ball rolling on it. The licorice idea....ya, I uh....I'll think about that one.

+5 15 hours ago

@mjdfx150529 Thanks. I created a bug report so we can make sure to address this at some point.

+2 5 days ago

Really nice work!

+4 10 days ago

A picture's worth a thousand words. @SupremeDorian

+4 13 days ago

Ha, whoops. Ya, copy-pasta.

+13 17 days ago

I'm really sorry about the interruption yesterday. Our service provider was (obviously) having some issues. I was going to wait to hear back from them before responding, but they haven't responded to my support ticket yet. It does appear that we have lost data from yesterday. It is highly doubtful that it will be recoverable, but I will let you know if they are able to recover any of it.

+2 17 days ago

Thanks @mjdfx150529. You have some good ideas in there. I'm not sure when we will start on tech trees or campaign mode, but it is good to bounce some ideas around.

+1 19 days ago

@pedro16797 @Gregrox Thanks for letting me know about the cone shape. I wasn't aware of that. I do plan to experiment with different colors based on the fuel type.

+3 20 days ago

@AnotherFireFox @mjdfx150529 @pedro16797 This is a more accurate representation of the overexpansion at sea level. And here's about the max under-expansion currently possible.

+2 20 days ago

@bartekkru100 You are right the exhaust should be more streamlined. It actually should be a bit overexpanded as its exit pressure is lower than ambient. We'll get The under-expanded state definitely looks better with our current visuals, IMO, so that's why I chose it for this teaser.

+4 20 days ago

@mjdfx150529 @bartekkru100 Players are so astute in this community! This engine is using the theoretical max for thrust, mass flow, etc and of course, that would not be attainable in the real world. One of the final steps of this project will be applying some level of realism to knock down the Isps to a more reasonable level (ie - not 100% efficient).

+2 20 days ago

@Bmcclory If I had to give this one a name, I'd probably go with SCORCH 1000.

+3 20 days ago

@DonaldDuckje iOS release date is this year, but unfortunately, I can't be more specific yet.

+2 29 days ago

@Mod lol, ya I haven't worked on actually calculating price or mass for the engines yet.

+3 29 days ago

@Bmcclory Yes, we will continue to have support for the old engines....at least for now.

+3 29 days ago

@pedro16797 Yep, we have an auto fuel type now for fuel tanks. When you change an engine's fuel type it auto-updates all of its fuel tanks to match. Unfortunately, we don't plan to support different F/O ratios. Linear aerospikes are under consideration, using this as a reference.

@pedro16797 No comment!

@WNP78 Well if it works that's all that matters!

Glad to see Overload is making its way to SR2! I'm curious: how are you going from the edited XML to actually update the part? Are you instantiating a temporary part and copying over the properties via reflection?

They were never finished and only there for debugging orbit stuff in the map view.

@swope compression ratio is the compressor's exit pressure divided by the compressor input pressure. The overall pressure is 1.5 * CompressionRatio because the bypass fan has a fan pressure ratio of 1.5.

@czenon1 @mjdfx150529 yep, I agree we need better landing gear. @HellFireKoder is working on those.

one month ago

@CRJ900Pilot lol, yep we put procedural jet engines in the rocket game instead of the plane game. Before this update, SP players mostly wanted tank parts in the plane game. Never judge a book by its cover! And when it comes to Jundroo games, never judge a game by its name...

@pedro16797 @SupremeDorian @Mod Great! Thanks guys. The update is now live on Steam for everyone.

@Chancey21 We are planning to spend about one month on it, so as much as we can get done in that amount of time. I'd say that's a medium update.

@YuraCat We're going to start the SimplePlanes 1.8 soon. We're just trying to finish up some of the stuff we had in work with SR2 before the break. This update has taken a lot longer than anticipated!

Thanks @SupremeDorian. Do you get the 5 second hang every time?

one month ago

I have a new version on the Steam beta branch if any of you want to give it a shot and let me know if you are still seeing the white screen.
    @Planefun @Mod @SupremeDorian @pedro16797 @Tully2001

one month ago

Thanks @WNP78, but we like to take our own dumps :D

We've attached to it with VS and checked out the callstack as well and the main thread appears to be deadlocked. We are going to submit a dump to Unity and see what they say. I do highly suspect that it's Steam hooking into the process and contributing to the deadlock. I've got a new build on the Steam beta branch that hopefully works around the issue for now.

one month ago

@swope Thanks for the info. Very nice PC! Let me know if you see it again after updating your drivers.

Was it the first time you ran the 0.6.9.x update? @Planefun

2 months ago

@mjdfx150529 That sounds really strange. Did you notice if you had any errors in your log?

2 months ago

@swope are you playing on multiple computers or always the same computer? What kind of computer are you using? Also, are you graphics drivers up to date?

2 months ago

@Mod thanks!

@weebabyseamus made SimpleAirway.
    @AstronautPlanes @InformaticNuke

New beta is available, version 0.6.9.1:

• Added SimpleAirways to stock craft.
    • Added shroud curvature and shroud/nozzle overlap settings to jet engines.
    • Added Deflection Angle and Deflection Speed to control surface part properties.
    • Added jet engine thrust reversal.

• Fixed a bug where the designer would not calculate a part's CoM correctly if the part had overridden it's local CoM.

• Fixed a bug where the docking missions would fail to recognize, in some circumstances, that the player had successfully docked.
    • Fixed a bug where rocket engines and jet engines would work when underwater. Fixed a bug where rocket engines where misreporting their fuel usage when not at 100% throttle.
    • Fixed a bug where the volume of a fuel tank was not affected by its corner radiuses.

Why

Thanks for letting me know, guys! This will be fixed in the next update.

@swope Nope, but you can slide the compression ratio down to x1 and basically have a ramjet.

@Tully2001 That's it for the inlet for now, but we may add some options like the slant to all fuselage parts at some point.

@pedro16797 That's great! But thank @NathanMikeska for that. He did all the work on input controllers for this update.

Thanks for letting me know! This should be working now. Let me know if you are still seeing these issues.

@AstronautPlanes You mean these jet engines?

@Batman245 Not yet. There's still a lot to do before we can start working on the mobile version.

umm

Can you email us your log file at games@jundroo.com? You can find it here:

%APPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Jundroo\SimpleRockets 2\output_log.txt

2 months ago

Merry Christmas! Thank you everyone for playing our games and thank you @Tully2001 and all of the other moderators for helping us! We all really appreciate all that you do! If it were not for you then there’s no way we could just focus on game dev!

I hope I win!

Yep, it was a website glitch I introduced with the update yesterday. I fixed it as soon as I could, but there was a little window of time where unlisted crafts were visible on player's profiles just here on SimpleRockets.com. It didn't affect SimplePlanes.com. Sorry about that. @Tully2001 @tsampoy

3 months ago

@MyMessage That's great! Thanks!

We just released a new update, version 0.6.8.1. I tweaked the Flight Tutorial a bit. So, if anyone wants to give that a shot, that would be great!

@Jetspeed1001 @Mod @Exospaceman @AstronautPlanes @WNP78 @Bmcclory @TheBeastMaster @Zaccurus @mjdfx150529 @MrMiner101 @Tully2001 @grizzlitn @pedro16797 @StuffBuilder @sumeee @Milo1628xa @Chancey21 @rocket1

@WNP78 lol, of course we believe you! Your cognition is often intimidating, so it's nice to see that you can have a brain fart on occasion! :D