Version 0.7 includes a big upgrade to rocket engine customizability, major improvements for building airplanes, and a whole lot more. This is the third round of beta testing. Hopefully the last. Most of the high-level, boss bugs have been vanquished.
You can read the previous beta posts here:
- Added new nozzle called the 'Echo' that is available for the solid rocket engine type (inspired by the Space Shuttle SRBs).
- Added shock diamonds that show up when exhaust is over-expanded
- Reduced Isp of (most) rocket engines.
- Changed near clip plane to 1 meter in flight scene.
- Changed command pod's "Dock Reorients Controls" option to "Auto Config Controls"
- The command pod's "Auto Config Controls" option now defaults to true.
- Added the RcnThrottle property to the ReactionControlNozzleScript (this one's for you @pedro16797)
- Tweaked starting camera angle in the designer to an angle that works well for both rockets and airplanes.
- Improved smoke trail drag behavior.
- Changed Stage Isp, Stage Delta V, and Stage Burn Time in flight view to no longer be dependent on the craft's current throttle setting.
- Updated stock crafts and crafts in challenges to use new rocket engines.
- Added tooltips to performance analysis window
- Added the ability to tilt the game camera with middle mouse button drag.
- Darken smoke trails at night.
- Fixed a bug where the inspector windows could be dragged on top of the dialogs in the flight scene.
- Fixed issue which caused a craft's throttle to be reset to zero when switching between crafts.
- Re-open the performance analysis window in the same place it was closed instead of always resetting back to the original location.
- Fixed issue causing translate gizmo to no-longer work with connected translations.
- Fixed a bug with the designer tutorial where the fuel tank placement hints were incorrectly positioned.
- Fixed a bug that made it very difficult to dock.
- Fixed a bug where the smoke trail would get thicker when in slow motion.
- Changed how efficiency is applied to engine performance so that exhaust velocity jives with Isp.