I agree, +1 on this linked thread can help

@Shibe For me, the game only gamemode still being sandbox doesn't mean communications are useless.
    Because, unmanned probes still "need" to get their orders in flight ( except full Vizzified ) for course corrections and maneuvers.
    Already, because it is a sandbox don't justified we have infinite fuel. It is the same reasoning because it is a sandbox with constraints ( an engineering sandbox and a game )
    Maybe it is not the dominant wish for some players, but at some point I would love to have communications for unmanned crafts, and life support for manned ones.

I love realistic mission reports in videos. Any lenght but no let's play/live. Good editing and text/speech infos (technical considerations etc) are a plus. Music louder than the voice a no no.
    I can't talk for anyone else :)
    I just watched your SR2: Sunrise, Aircraft, Spyplanes! video, found it OK. Reminds me videos of Nexter's lab or Danny, although less "mad".
    Keep up the good work :)

I've heard multiple times the multi directionnal RCS can cause problem, and that we should use the normal ones until they are fixed. More experienced players could tell you more, or different, things.

( also , if you want to translate your craft using RCS, don't forget to click the "translate mode" : the cross at the right of the screen, because the default mode is rotation )

you can try something like this :
    create a variable called "myList", then

set list (myList) to [create list from (partID1, partID2, partID3, etc)]
    for (i) from (1) to [ lenght of (mylist) by (1)]
    {
    set part [part ID of [item (i) in (myList)]] activated to (1)
    }

...

With time, players do better and better submissions.
    We see crafts with more details, more Vizzy automation.

It can explain why it may be more difficult than "before" to get upvotes :)

Do not give up if no upvotes are thrown to your face, take your time building nice crafts and, more importantly, have fun doing so ;) There is absolutely no shame not being upvoted.

When (if) career mode comes, it would be nice :)
    In sandbox I don't really get the point of engines/systems failures.

Not sure if it is still true but maybe it should be noted that 100pts are needed to post images using this syntax. If I'm wrong @ me I'll remove this comment

Hi FaridRjb :
    * for choosing your engines type/fuel/settings, you can use the "performances" tools ingame. It show you the change in your dV, TWR, time of burn etc, when you changes the settings of your engines ingame. ( if you don't have a "performances" menu, maybe you need to install the "simple engineers" mod, I did not tried without. ) Wikipedia can be of use also, example
    * For the automatic liftoff. If you need to get started with Vizzy, you can use this video, it is just an example I guess there is more videos on youtube. You can then experiment in your programs. If you are more of a math guy, this video have a lot of good informations. And, you can join the Simple Rocket Chat to ask specific questions on the Vizzy channel.

I hope you'll find what you are looking for, my advice is experiment and watch/read general rocketry videos/pages. Good luck and have fun :)

On the building editor it is the last button, with an "eye".
    Red is center of mass.
    to be sure

If the image is on you computer, upload it somewhere ( imgur or discord or whatever ). Then, if Discord, you can "copy the image location" with right clic or long press if mobile. If imgur, they give you a link.

If the image is on a website : go on the website and do right clic -> copy image location ( or long press if mobile ). Depending on your browser, the sentence can be different, it can be something like "copy the image URL" or something like that. You can also "open the image in a new tab" and copy the URL in the adress bar if it is easier for you.
    I hope you'll be able to add images to your posts

1- If you want the AI Chip to replace your starting command pod, select the command chip, then properties, "set as primary".

2- You can turn a baecon light On by :
    2a- assigning an action group and using this action group. ( select beacon, property, then choose Activation group at the top )
    2b- Or, using vizzy : set a name for your beacon, and use "set part [part ID of (partname)] activated to 1"

6.67384 can be rounded up to
    6.6740

Is the difference causing trouble in your program ?

Edit :according to wikipedia, the value is not known, and the precision of the measure increase with our "tools".
    The accepted value in 2010 was "6.67384E-11"m3⋅kg−1⋅s−2, exactly the one of the game.

I would try with Vizzy, if (AGx) then part[name of part].activated = false, else true. Maybe wont work, I did not tried.

Hello CobraHuey, welcome to SR2 ! Being not a player of SimplePlanes, I don't know you, but I guess it is just a matter of time.

ps : I don't know if the Discords advertising are allowed here, so I don't post the invites, but there are multiples Discords for the game. Bye :)

Edit after Mod's comment : I would have linked yours and the one of KellAerospace, https://discord.gg/SzVNp9

( give a better chance to your suggestion by having only one suggestion by post : I suggest remove "guns, missiles and bombs", but of course you are free )

edit : did you used this link to post ?
    The url of this post does not contains "simplerockets.com/Feedback/View/" but "simplerockets.com/Forums/View/"

Possible : yes.
    We saw multiples players submissions with guided landing.
    The obvious one is Kelly's reusable rocket. Look at the code and change the coordinates. https://www.simplerockets.com/c/1y7aHm/Auto-reuse-Rocket-v1-1
    Hope it helps

ingame craft editor :
    click the "arrow leaving the box" in the menu, then fill title, description, photos, and click upload.

( then both mobile and computer users can download your craft )
    Also, welcome !

Hello Strucker :)
    The game totally worth the price, and much more.
    Today video games are really cheap, with Price/Hour in head.
    I bought it twice - PC, android
    Vizzy is an incredibly entertaining tool. On the other hand, the game is also enjoyable without Vizzy. It don't "need" Vizzy to be fun, it is bonus.
    The procedural philosophy of the game is not new for you, SimplePlane player ! ( while not active, I bough it years ago and loved it. It just missed... SPACE ).
    Devs aren't joking, the project is ambitious. They do a really good job and I thanks them.

You'll say : KSP2 or SR2, I'll answer : both.
    I'll bought KSP2 at the second it is available, yet it will ( I heard ) lack the procedural thing.
    Both will coexist.
    SR2 doesnt have ( yet? ) career mode. Main culprit for some players, not at all for the others.
    Being a SP player, it may be not a problem for you.
    SR2 is the heaven for creativity, and also for replicas.
    Also, voting system for future features - while a bit flowed, it influence the game, for sure.

The game still being in his youth, you could cut a piece of cake of glory by uploading nice things if you are so inclined.

I suggest you try a few hours with a buddy of you, if possible, so you won't feel bad if it don't suit you.
    I hope not to mislead you in your choice because I'm biased by the love I put in this game.

euh... good bye ? Do you really need to delete your account ? You are not forced to upload each rockets, but uploading and talking with others will improve your skills I think.
    Also, I assure you my rockets are way worse than yours ! ( in fact I do not dare upload them haha, imagine my skill )
    Any way, your choice :)
    So, see you when you come back

edit : Also you can upload "private" rockets, if you prefer.
    Forgot to say : yes it can be discouraging to see others people marvelous craft. exept if you are a "competition" oriented person, don't care ! Do your own crafts/replica/whatever. I hope you'll continue to enjoy the game :)

edit 2 : Answer to @SelectAKey : People are not garbage. This point left, I totally agree with you :)

I always make errors, but maybe this snippet can give you the gravity acceleration according to your current position.
    Sorry if there is an error, don't take it for true.
    ( Don't click if you are about to do it yourself )
    snippet

(please @ me if there is an error)

You can try putting the two motors on the same vertical axle, and not the inverted motor on top of the first motor.

At least I did this a few times, I'm not sure it will help for your design.

In the following image :
    pure art
    Red is the vertical axis, static.
    Blue is the motor 1. Attached to red.
    Green is the inverted motor, attached to red.

You can totally do as Kero showed you.
    There is a Vizzy block "activation group [number]".
    with the blocks while [ ], [ ]=[ ] and activation group [ ]you can then write in Vizzy what he said.
    When Kero say while(Ag=true)it means while ( activation group [the Number You Want to bind] = true )

I may be wrong , but I think while this will work for deactivacting your orbit program with a key, you won't be able to activate it a second time unless you put this while loop inside an other loop. So maybe put the Kero loop inside an other loop to be able to activate your orbit program multiple times.
    Probably it was obvious for Kero and that's why he didnt stated it, but it is also possible I am wrong when I say it will only work once.

edit : the action group is created when you use it in Vizzy this way, even if it don't show up on the action group list in flight. Do tests if you want to be sure.

A sandbox is a save, including all your flights in progress and custom lauching sites.
    If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Hi SodiumChloride, welcome in SR2 land !

When you says "ANY" build, what do you really mean please ? Like... any build with a docking port ? Or did you found a trick ? ( maybe everyone know there is a trick except me ? )

Also, according to the DIscord SRC challenge channel, the current record for land speed is 2595m/s ^_^
    So we are quite off

Because I just tried and got 954m/s with a simple solid booster. Is this forbidden ?
    I recorded in chase side view so we can see the wheels don't leave the ground until the end of the runway, at this moment the craft is going 954m/s.
    Sorry if I broke a rule, you did not stated what they are.

Does the link works ?

What are the rules ?

Hello Gestour ! Welcome :D

@Insanity Oh, sorry ^_^ I understood "systems" in the meaning "things that works together", but now that you said it must be "planetary systems" it become obvious.

If I understood, you want to use the piston only with action groups. Pressing AG2 one time would extend the piston, pressing a second time retract it, and so on.
    If it is what you want, so do this ( I tested it works ):
    - Select your piston, click "properties", and in "piston input" ( you have "slider 2" ) , click "slider 2" and write Command Pod.FlightProgram.PistonVar
    - Enter vizzy and use this short snippet
    - Now, pressing action group 2 will alternate between extended and retracted.

edit : Sflanker was faster than me ^_^ ( the solution seems different. His solution looks better because it don't need Vizzy. Do his solution. )

I can't tell you you "have to" change your RCS to regular ones, but you can try. I did a few test with the multi directional RCS and indeed they sometime had a strange behavior.
    Let us know when you find a solution :)

You can try : ![some text if it fails](http://yourGIF.gif)

(In a post of mine, it initially did not worked, I added an empty line after this one and it worked, but i don't know what is the real cause, so edit your post until it works)

There is multiples solutions.
    Easiest should be downloading the Vizzy programs you can find somewhere on the forum.
    To do manually here is a solution, it is not the only one, and not the optimal one :
    - Try to match the target general orbit shape. Especially inclination.
    - Try to have your orbit not too close, not too far, from the target orbit. ( if low Droo orbit, something between 10km/50km altitude difference should be OK, but that is just an example )
    - When your craft are near, match the orbit more precisely.
    - Then set a burn point at the closest approach to match orbit to your best.
    - Immediatly after the burn, you should have low relative velocity
    This is now final approach and docking.
    - Activate RCS, set translation mode to ON, change camera to what you feel the best ( I suggest "chase camera", or a camera part if you put one ) Lock node to target.
    - control your craft with keyboard ( ZQSD+AE or WASD+QE depending on your layout )
    - When really near :
    - Quicksave, if you consider it is not cheating. ( I don't think it is, but maybe you are an hardcore gamer ) select your target docking port and click "set as target".
    - Continue control with the keyboard and dock slowly. You ll have to wait from 1 to several seconds for the docking procedure to complete when the ports are in contact.

If everything else, search the Internet for how it is done IRL, or continue asking here, someone smarter than me will answer.

Good luck :) !

I also had a comparable problem.
    On crafts with multiples commands pods/chip :
    - If you have an "apollo style" lander upside down, make sure you "take control" of the good command chip/pod. If Vizzy is used, it can be a mess.
    - I'm sure you already know this, but just in case : If your different commands pods should be oriented the same, adjust pilot orientation in the editor. ( for each command pod/chip : step1, step 2 )
    - On stations, if you have multiples Vizzy script attempting to set the craft orientation, it can be a mess. If so, solution is carefully put stop condition or deactivation action groups. If not, maybe make sure you are controlling the correct command pod/chip.
    - If nothing works, consider submitting a bug report or suggestion. (I'm sure the subject already has been evoked, but I did not found with a quick search. But this suggestion can be relevant if it is Vizzy that cause problem for you )
    Please let me know if you find an other solution :)

Did a single test, with same results as yours.

Thanks CaptainCaleb for your answer. Indeed, wind and stock cokpit instruments sounds good !
    ( Multiplayer also, but what about time compression ? )

What are the features of SP SR2 do not have ?
    ( except guns ?)
    "Space dogfight" is an non-sense cliché that some movies keep alive, and it is a shame.
    I recommend this website for a whole bunch of information about space fights. It is a big website and you will find a lot of considerations about space warfare, why space dog fight wont happen, and realistic war spaceships layouts.
    For realistic space fights, there is an wonderful game called "Children of a dead Earth", I don't think it is in the scope of SR2 and I have no problem with that. You still can do custom missiles in SR2, if you are so inclined.

• tested on PC : worked perfectly
    • tested on Android : went mad
    • lowered game settings ( to very low ) in Android : worked perfectly

(nice craft btw !)
    Could the "other user" try with lower settings ?

I just tested and it works :

VIzzy snippet

When AG1 is off, red is off and green is on.
    When AG1 is on, red is on and green is off.
    Is repeatable because of the loop.

Is it the kind of result you were looking for ?

yes, select the one that you want to invert, then "part properties", "rotator input", "invert"

edit : if your parts are mirrored, you can also tick "invert on mirror" in the first, if it is more convenient for you.

For infinite I don't know.
    I tested to add fuel by editing a craft XML, but adding fuel also add mass to the astronaut ( so the jetpack can struggle to lift it off, and with absurd values can even make him explode instantly )
    Example a 1000L tank for the astronaut FuelTank capacity="1000" fuel="1000", (&quot is ") and the jetpack can't lift off the astronaut on the Moon even with max jetpack power. Maybe in space it is ok I don't know.

Your best bet is downloading a craft who claim having infinite fuel and look at the xml, or wait for a smarter person than me to answer your question. Alternatively, try with less fuel than my example.

If XML editing tips are prohibited on the forum, please @ me so I delete this post. (or delete it yourself if you are a mod)

There is at least 3 answers :
    - Do it manually
    - Make a nice Vizzy program
    - Use Kell Aerospace craft/program and change the coordinates

I hope you will find the fun in one of theses solutions, and maybe you'll find an other one !

Ok, sorry ^_^

I'm not currently reliable enough to engage in a sustained collaborative work.
    On the other hand these are really nice projects, and if I'm still playing SR2 in a few month, I may give a hand at my level.
    Meanwhile I thanks you for your commitment in the game ecosystem !

Hi EightNice, welcome !
    Nice and shiny satellite :)

You should be able to insert links with [text](url)