It's only been a couple of days since the last beta so there's not a lot of new stuff, but we thought it would be best to leave you with a fresh beta for the weekend.
Here are the previous beta posts in case you missed them:
- Added three new textures for that can be used on Bell, Cone, and Delta nozzles
- Added Seamless Edges option to fuselage parts in Part Properties. I debated on releasing this feature because it is experimental and in some cases actually may result in worse looking edges (two cones connected with same slope). However, in many cases, it does work well and gets rid of seams, most notably when connecting a cone to a cylinder (ie - nose cone to a fuel tank). So if it looks better, use it. If it looks worse, then don't use it.
- Fixed a bug where the designer would break if a wing with a control surface was deleted.
- Fixed bug where some parts would fail to highlight when selected after being detached in flight scene.
- Changed threshold required for an RCS to be assigned to an axis. Fixes issue where smaller craft may not respond to RCS input.
- Fixed a bug where delta V was not calculated correctly when uploaded to the website or when viewed in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug with the rotators using incorrect rotation angles after saving and reloading the flight state.
- Smoothly transition between lit and dark smoke particles when entering/exiting a sunlit position.
- Fade smoke out with increasing size of exhaust plume.
How to get the beta
- Open the Steam client and go to your Library
- Right click SimpleRockets 2 and click Properties
- Go to the BETAS tab
- Select beta - Public Beta Testing from the beta dropdown
Full release notes are here.