The Lancer is OSAS' first commercial plane but before it was really not the best deal, with only 18 seats and an elevated cost, the first offspring of this jet was just not worth it. Now, after over one and a half years, our engineers have managed to come up with a better design for the lancer that is certainly a huge upgrade from the last.
The Lancer Remastered is a complete overhaul of the original craft, it has a smoother design, it's bigger, it has more details and features (that are covered below), it has pretty much the same part count and it's significantly cheaper (mainly due to tinkering the parts' propetties).
Features and improvements (and some useless details):
- Capacity increased to 48 passengers;
- Built-in stairs in case there is no jetway available;
- Engine access cover;
- Cargo compartment at the back;
- Custom-ish rear landing gears;
- A more "realistic" looking cockpit;
- A bathroom (very important);
- Reverse thrusters
- A mess of a vizzy program to do everything (by "everything" i mean the stairs and landing gear and stuff. I don't really know what i'm doing on vizzy even tho i have some programming knowloge);
Now OSAS can proudly say that the Lancer Remastered is a great option for your regional jet needs both aesthetically and financially.
For reference, here are both the old and remastered vertions of the Lancer side by side
How to fly:
- All action groups are labeled (don't try to break the vizzy program, idk how easy it is lol)
- Note: to extend the stairs make sure the door is fully open and to close the door make sure the stairs are fully retracted
- Slider 1 (up): Flaps
- Takeoff speed: ~70m/s
There are more things i wanted to add but for some reason my PC cried for mercy every time i launched the craft. I also wanted to fix the vizzy program (specifically the timings) but it was hard to test with my computer's struggles so some particular timings are a little long)