As title says. Venn diagram of Linux users and space nerds has quite big intersection I guess ;)

Shouldn't be very hard since you use Unity. You can always release unofficial build first so community can test it (as Arma III guys did).

Steam discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/app/870200/discussions/0/1750106661704182804/
Previous discussion: https://jundroo.uservoice.com/forums/221664-jundroo-games?category_id=325255&query=Linux

Suggestion Active

12 Comments

I would definitely buy this if it was available on Linux. I would also buy it for my son. We both play KSP and this looks like it was a lot of features as stock already that I always wished KSP had. It's written in unity like KSP is, I don't see what the problem is.
    @SimplePerson2 I would definitely be willing to help where I can, although I'm definitely less patient than the average Windows user which is why I refuse to put up with Windows.
    Please at least try to build for Linux. It won't cost anything and you will get sales you will otherwise miss out on.

Another user that will buy the moment it's ported to linux however no tux no bux.
    Your offering for Mac OS, Android and iOS in the future so not doing linux is rediculas.

If your worried about distros just mark it as Steam OS/Ubuntu only support. Anyone using a different distro is on their own.

one month ago
    0 Manius

@SimplePerson2
    Well that's it then. I'll be sticking with KSP. I'll still keep an eye out for this in case something changes (who knows).

It's bonkers that "Mac" is being supported (a platform literally marketed to non-intellectual, non-techie users with about the same size user base) but Linux users, who are much more likely to be interested in this Genre get ignored.

None of the features being voted for here will be likely to change anyone's mind about whether to buy this game--this is probably the ONLY addition that WILL on its own change minds.

one month ago

Looks like they don't give a shit. They're not even considering it. While some of the other suggestions have less votes they're considering, this one they aren't.

I'd be willing to work on this myself for free, if given the chance. I'm sure many linux users would be happy to play/ beta test a buggy piece of barely working garbage just to be able to get this game working natively. We're more patient than the average Windows user, (we run linux, after all).

one month ago

Linux user here, this dev's games support windows and mac only as far as I can tell. Some of their previous games released a few years ago, also with unity, and have windows and mac but no linux. I doubt this game will also get a linux release. Until pigs fly, I'm sticking to KSP. How disappointing.

one month ago

Yep! A friend just said that I should check out this game because he likes it too. I use linux. And I play games, too! Please dev team :) Please... pretty please... with cherries on top? But seriously though...

0 Manius

@Causeless If this is built with Unity, then hopefully it's just a matter of time. Disappointing it wasn't from day one though, Mac game market is about as niche if not more so (especially for this genre).

0 Manius

Registered to add my vote here - don't want to support games without Linux these days.

0 osimac

I can't purchase this awesome game because i can't play it :(
    please add linux support

Agreed, especially considering that this is using the Unity engine.

I absolutely second this. I will not support a game if it has no Linux release, not since I managed to flee from that wretched hive of bloat and telemetry.
    Please at least try to work on Steam Play/Proton support!

10 rcor

Yes, please.
    I couldn't even run it on Proton (Steam Play).
    :-/