I think it would be a good idea to have the option to switch between a single door cargo bay and a two door cargo bay. The single door cargo bay could be useful for cargo holds on rovers, for landing gear bays, for custom cockpits, etc.

Suggestion Planned

6 Comments

@pedro16797 There's no way to hide them now, unfortunately. Well, maybe with modding it would be possible. I do intend to do this suggestion, or some variation of it, at some point and I will be sure to add support for zero doors as well.

+1 28 days ago
    10.2k pedro16797

@AndrewGarrison is there any way to remove the doors right now with xml changing partStyle or any other parameter? I've been trying for months and I can only fold them back with 270º, but still has the doors :(

10.2k pedro16797

Yesterday I was thinking about this and it would be nice to:

· Be able to change how wide is the door, now is 180°, it would be cool to change that so just a quarter of the cylinder opens, for example
    · Change between vertical and horizontal doors
    · Change between 1 and 2 doors
    · Add a sliding door and a no door option
    · Add the possibility of multiple openings in one cargo bay

I think something like flaps UI may fit this, so we can add more, drag the arrows to change their width and location... I can imagine a xml modifier for the cargo bay like

start="ANGLE" end="ANGLE" (for the location around the part)
    oneDoor="BOOLEAN"
    orientation="STRING"{vertical, horizontal}
    mode="STRING"{normal, slide, none}

All doors in the same cargo bay may share startOpen, opening angle and speed, AG, color...

1,636 Notapier

And doors that slide open like a b-24 bomb bay.

5 months ago
    432 swope

I think there should be nosecone versions of cargo bays, with clam-shell, C-5 nose, or cargo ramp options. Also, regular cargo bays should be able to have hinges on the front/back edges.

523 DuckMint

And the option to make ramp bays yeah?

19 Upvotes