The highly requested light part is now available in the newest update for SimpleRockets 2. Nathan and Kevin worked this part and they went above and beyond. There are actually two separate parts: a spotlight and a beacon light. The spotlight part has several customizable features that make it really easy to work with. It has settings for Extension Distance, Rotation, Spotlight Angle, Range, and Intensity.
The beacon light has options to customize its blink pattern, such as Blink Style, Blink Frequency, and Blink Offset. Also, you can change the color of a beacon light or spotlight by changing its Primary color with the Paint Tool.
Some care should be taken with the new spotlights as too many can cause the game's performance to suffer as additional lights in the scene require the GPU to do a lot more work.
- Added Quick Mirror, Mirror Selected Part, and a new Mirror Tool to help simplify building aircraft.
- Added a Light part and a Beacon Light part
- Added a new quality setting "Quality->Craft->Max Craft Lights" to limit the number of active lights at any given time. Lights can be costly to performance, so this can be used to reduce the impact. Priority is give to the most recently activated lights.
- Added a new quality setting "Quality->Shadows->Craft Lights Cast Shadows" to enable/disable shadow casting by craft lights. Shadows are very costly to performance, so we recommend turning this off unless your device can handle it well.
- In flight, a right mouse click on a part toggles that part's activation state and a middle mouse click on a part toggles camera focus on that part.
- Reorganized the Gizmos part category in the designer
- Performance enhancements to drag calculations.
- Removed "AutoDiscrete" from wing/fin input options.
- Several bug fixes and modding enhancements.
The full release notes can be found here