It would be nice to have the possibility of using
Piston.currentPosition
JointRotator.currentAngle
InputController.currentValue
InputBasedActivator.currentState

This would make it possible to create logic gates (with complex automation, calculators...), low pass filters (for smoothing any input), displays (7 segments, oscilloscopes...). I think this can be something great for the game and the community.

Also vertical/horizontal speed and orbital parameters would be cool cough cough

Suggestion Done Fixed in 0.7.0.5

Comments

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska nah, no problem, I'm going to polish the craft and publish it as it is, and automate the direction in the future. Good luck with the mod support :)

yesterday

@pedro16797 Sorry, definitely not going to happen for 0.7.1. Too busy with mod support stuff right now. Sorry...

yesterday
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska do you think you'll have time to push this into 0.7.1? If not I'm going to upload the automatic landing craft without the direction automation and if this gets implemented at any time update it

yesterday
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska nah, no problem, it's just to organise my uploads

@pedro16797 Its still on my list of stuff to look at, but haven't got to it yet, sorry.

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska And do you plan to give a try to the lock direction automation for 0.7.1 or future updates?

@pedro16797 Our tentative plan is to have a beta out for it by the end of the month, its possible it may slip a bit though. Soon....

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska how is the mod support doing? Did you find any difficulty or is it going to be done in june?

@NathanMikeska there's no hurry :) Thanks

one month ago

@pedro16797 That might be doable. I'll put it on my list of things to look into, but I can't get to it right now, very busy with mod support at the moment.

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska some people find it hard to unlock direction and then lock retrograde in the precise moment for the auto propulsive landing craft.
    Would it be possible (and easy, if it's hard don't mind to add it) to let Activators toggle the direction. Not by angle, just lock direction, retrograde, prograde and unlock direction? This would make the craft completely automated

one month ago

@pedro16797 Nice!

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska I hope you like this. Now I'm going to use the RCS to ignite the engines in different altitudes based on speed and craft mass.

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska or to point things like this solar panels to the sun

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska the other wayy around, just know the angle to control a rotator, hide the original solar panel and have the rotator turn around with a mockup of a radiator

@pedro16797 Are you wanting to control the solar panel rotations via an input controller? If so, I don't think that would be a simple and quick task. Lots of code that I didn't write and it looks like it all works off of quaternion rotations and whatnot, not simple floating point angles.

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska one last thing.
    What about Solar panel array currentAngle? So we can make custom foldable solar panels that rotate to look at the sun and radiators like the ones on the ISS that rotate to be normal to sun rays direction

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska Yay :D Thanks :)))

one month ago

@pedro16797 I added an 'RcnThrottle' property to the reaction control nozzle script. Should be there in the next beta and/or release.

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska yes, I want the current thrust, because I want to use the direction/position based code that the RCS use.
    This way I would be able to use normal engines, propellers... anything as RCS.
    And I have an idea on more possibilities with the instantaneous rcs throttle for input controllers. If I have an RCS that generates 1 unit of force for pitch and 1 unit of force for translate forward (to say an example) I can force through input controllers the Pitch and Translate Forward input to use, for example, Slider 1 and Slider 2 respectively. Then the output will use both values, so I can use that for multiple input controllers into the same input controller.
    If instead of Slider 1 and 2 I use the current position of some pistons controlled by Slider 1 and 2 that are activated/deactivated with AGs or under some conditions and set them to 0 when the piston is off I can change between the 2 inputs.
    2 inputs->Piston Switch->RCS Sume->InputController

@pedro16797 The power and fuel consumption rate on on the nozzle's data class. Are you wanting the actual throttle value being applied to the nozzle? The thrust is essentially just throttle * power * direction.

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska just found it 15 mins ago hahaha, and those controllers go from -1 to 1, they're not the multiplied value. Can you make the nozzle thrust and/or fuel consumption accesible from an inputcontroller?

one month ago

@pedro16797
    No worries.

Here is the input controller setup for the RCS nozzle:

this._inputPitch = this.GetInputController(x => x.Pitch);
    this._inputRoll = this.GetInputController(x => x.Roll);
    this._inputYaw = this.GetInputController(x => x.Yaw);
    this._inputTranslateForward = this.GetInputController(x => x.TranslateForward);
    this._inputTranslateRight = this.GetInputController(x => x.TranslateRight);
    this._inputTranslateUp = this.GetInputController(x => x.TranslateUp);

So the input ids in this case would be "Pitch", "Roll", "Yaw", "TranslateForward", "TranslateRight", "TranslateUp".

If an input controller with one of those IDs cannot be found, it will use a simplified input controller instead, which just looks up the specified input directly from the CraftControls (less overhead than an InputController).

one month ago
    7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska sorry for being annoying but this is the only way I have to talk directly with you.
    I'm trying to use the RCS instant thrust value to control some engines and use them as RCS but we only can access fixed values (the max thrust and the fuel consumption).
    After reading the code multiple times I can't find what kind of controller the RCS use (the inputId) or if they use any InputController, in order to take the InputController.Value

Can you send or tell me where to find a list of the inputIds? Thanks in advance :)

7,751 pedro16797

@NathanMikeska oh of course facepalm

one month ago