I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x CPU with 16 core and 32 thread, but when I'm trying to run InfinityTechnology's U.N.S.C. Infinity there's only 2 core and 4 thread are doing their job! So I suggest you guys work on it, especially since this is 2021, not 2013! Most CPUs have more than five core nowadays!

Suggestion Submitted

9 Comments

If possible three core pls, rather than just two😂 @NathanMikeska

+1 9 days ago
    491 RDasher

I don't know much about game development but iirc that unity, the game engine that SR2 uses, has a lot of issues with multi-threading, specifically for compatibility with android and is notorious cause games likes City Skylines, Universe sandbox and Kerbal all face the exact same issues that SR2 does when it comes to performance on high core count CPUs

+2 10 days ago

We do multi-threading where we can and where it makes sense. For some of it, such as the rendering and the physics, we are a bit at the mercy of Unity, the game engine we use. It also complicates things a bit that most of the Unity API is not thread safe (in fact, most API calls fail when called off the main thread). As far as I know, Unity does do some multi-threading and rendering behind the scenes, but I don't think we really have much control over that.

If you want to see your cores getting put to use, check out the task manager when cubemaps are getting generated or the terrain is getting generated. The terrain is generated every time you launch into the flight scene, so I'd guess your load times are considerable faster than someone with much fewer cores. We do try to keep a lookout for other opportunities to leverage additional cores whenever we can.

+4 10 days ago

So my part count and fps will increase more than 2 times then now if the problem will be solved?

Amazing!

+1 12 days ago
    2,148 Vedhaspace

@017b ok I am a mobile user so I don't know

+2 12 days ago
    9,778 017b

@ErikaIndustry wait, seriously? If this is true then I know why my pc lags

9,778 017b

@Vedhaspace it is how the power is divided in the CPU. The more cores, the better. Let's take an i7 with 8 cores and 3.00 GHz of processing speed. It should be better than an i7 with 6 cores and 3.20 GHz of processing speed, since 6 x 3.2 is less than 8 x 3 GHz

+2 12 days ago