Did a single test, with same results as yours.

+1 1.8 years ago

Thanks CaptainCaleb for your answer. Indeed, wind and stock cokpit instruments sounds good !
    ( Multiplayer also, but what about time compression ? )

+1 1.8 years ago

What are the features of SP SR2 do not have ?
    ( except guns ?)
    "Space dogfight" is an non-sense cliché that some movies keep alive, and it is a shame.
    I recommend this website for a whole bunch of information about space fights. It is a big website and you will find a lot of considerations about space warfare, why space dog fight wont happen, and realistic war spaceships layouts.
    For realistic space fights, there is an wonderful game called "Children of a dead Earth", I don't think it is in the scope of SR2 and I have no problem with that. You still can do custom missiles in SR2, if you are so inclined.

• tested on PC : worked perfectly
    • tested on Android : went mad
    • lowered game settings ( to very low ) in Android : worked perfectly

(nice craft btw !)
    Could the "other user" try with lower settings ?

+1 1.8 years ago

I just tested and it works :

VIzzy snippet

When AG1 is off, red is off and green is on.
    When AG1 is on, red is on and green is off.
    Is repeatable because of the loop.

Is it the kind of result you were looking for ?

+1 1.8 years ago

yes, select the one that you want to invert, then "part properties", "rotator input", "invert"

edit : if your parts are mirrored, you can also tick "invert on mirror" in the first, if it is more convenient for you.

+1 1.8 years ago

For infinite I don't know.
    I tested to add fuel by editing a craft XML, but adding fuel also add mass to the astronaut ( so the jetpack can struggle to lift it off, and with absurd values can even make him explode instantly )
    Example a 1000L tank for the astronaut FuelTank capacity="1000" fuel="1000", (&quot is ") and the jetpack can't lift off the astronaut on the Moon even with max jetpack power. Maybe in space it is ok I don't know.

Your best bet is downloading a craft who claim having infinite fuel and look at the xml, or wait for a smarter person than me to answer your question. Alternatively, try with less fuel than my example.

If XML editing tips are prohibited on the forum, please @ me so I delete this post. (or delete it yourself if you are a mod)

There is at least 3 answers :
    - Do it manually
    - Make a nice Vizzy program
    - Use Kell Aerospace craft/program and change the coordinates

I hope you will find the fun in one of theses solutions, and maybe you'll find an other one !

Ok, sorry ^_^

+1 1.8 years ago

I'm not currently reliable enough to engage in a sustained collaborative work.
    On the other hand these are really nice projects, and if I'm still playing SR2 in a few month, I may give a hand at my level.
    Meanwhile I thanks you for your commitment in the game ecosystem !

Hi EightNice, welcome !
    Nice and shiny satellite :)

You should be able to insert links with [text](url)

+1 1.8 years ago

@socialist I suppose we can try use 'PCI to local' to get relative distances between craft docking port and target docking port. I didnt tried, did you ?

+1 1.8 years ago

I propose some waste heat generation if it is not game breaking because no radiators.
    At least it would refrain us to overuse them ?

Having a few fuel to choose from would be nice, although I know nothing about their performances.

+1 1.8 years ago

Well took me an hour but finally found why :

<CallCustomExpression call="ThisExpressionWasDeleted" style="call-custom-expression" />

if a deleted custom expression is used, (for me, in a join text), the program will fail.

I hope it will help someone should he encounter the same "unloadable" program error.
    (solution is : manual deletion of the CallCustomExpression(s) containing the ingame deleted custom expression reference )

+1 1.8 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I wasnt aware of RSS for SR2, found the page and I'm eager to see the immending next release ! I m now hyped ^_^

+1 1.8 years ago

1 Newton = 0.22480894244319 Pound (1 Pound = 4.4482216282509 Newton)
    So 1kN = 224.80894244319 lbs

8 months ago

Yes, 100 points IIRC

10 months ago

I may be wrong, but I suppose a ruler can't be more precise than its smaller scale. ( if you consider that "I draw somewhere in between" give it more precision, I'm fine with it, but I would not pretend this myself. )
    Anyway, I like the spirit of your post ^_^

Edit : to clarify my affirmation : I think if I measure somewhere between 1.5 and 2, I have to say the measure is the nearest scale +- my ruler+pen margin of error. For your post, imprecision would be mainly related to the camera angle of view, depth of view and distance between the object to measure and the "ruler block", and your own appreciation of where the block/texture ends. Again I may be wrong, if someone read this and know I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

10 months ago

science !

each segment is 0.1m, with a tile texture to split each segment is half. This gives an accuracy to 0.025m.

( isnt the accuracy 0.5 so ? )

10 months ago

yes, we can't upload files on simplerockets.com.
    I personnaly use a private Discord server for this, because it is handful and fast, but of course you may use anything else.

10 months ago

Sorry to hear that, I hope you'll find the problem, or that someone jump in this discussion to help you.

10 months ago

I see your pic as a black square indeed.
    Gravatar should auto resize really big images ( >10Mo ).
    (You should be able to crop the image and have a preview on the Gravatar website, maybe an extension of your browser blocks the javascript, or maybe the crop functionnality is not available on mobile.) forget this sorry, I see you already cropped the image.
    example

edit: the changes you make on Gravatar can take a few minutes to be reflected here.

10 months ago

If it is because the Gravatar website not displaying correctly on your device, you may try the web browser setting "show computer version of the page" ( I don't know how it is phrased in English, and the sentence may slightly change between different browsers. )
    If it is for another reason, what is the reason ?

10 months ago

https://www.simplerockets.com/u/Gozinya/Posts obviously made quite a lot of SW crafts, but lego-style.

BTW this boring website bug is still here, I already reported it two time last year. Fix it damn, we have to manually edit the URL when we want to see the "following" page others than the first. Every time I come to the website to check the crafts of the people I follow, I run into this bug.
    Sorry for the spam in your thread I'm just bored to see a bug this "seemingly correctable" still visible to everyone.

I hope you will love Gozinya's SW crafts :)

11 months ago

It looks so great !

11 months ago

You could at least link a craft showing the random roll because you give zero information here.
    Not that I'll look into your craft to see if it is reproducible, but frankly nobody will ever put work in response to only "random roll - please fix" statement.

Does it happen on all of your crafts ?
    If not all craft, is there something in common for the concerned crafts ?
    Is the random roll very pronounced ?
    Is this since a particular update, or ever was ? Mobile, PC, both ?
    I hope your problem will be solved, at the moment with the information you gave there is nothing to investigate.
    Also, the lack of answers to this post could ( only could ) point that the random roll problem is not that shared among users.

one year ago

It is a rocket or a shuttle ?
    Nasa had an other shuttle than the obvious one ?
    The well known Nasa shuttle had no solar panel, but fuel cells, for energy.
    This wikipedia page don't talk about any shuttle with solar panels, I can now only suppose you are talking about a project and not a vehicle who had flown.

Maybe you are talking about the future Sierra Nevada Dream Chaser, because the CRS-2 cargo version have solar panels ?
    Or maybe you are talking about the Boeing X-37, who also have solar panels, but apparently only the first one was operated by Nasa, the next being operated by US Space Force.

Hope it helps, please mention me if you find the name you search for.

one year ago

Thanks for answering guys.
    It is not related to any network error, it should happen every time ( or never ? )

1.1 years ago

Hello. If I understand you look for a system for auto docking.
    At least the first 3 results here are related.
    I tested none of them so I can't swear they works, yet they probably can help you.
    Good game !

1.1 years ago

Happy two years, thanks for this game !

1.2 years ago

Awesome update, thanks !
    This comment because I can't upvote twice :)

1.2 years ago

Create an account on the website gravatar.com using the same email you used on simplerockets.com.
    On gravatar.com, attach an image to your profile.
    Wait a few minutes for the change to be visible here.
    It should work :)

1.2 years ago

nice big update, thanks !

1.3 years ago

Hi, welcome R !

1.3 years ago

• For using a variable you first need to create it.
      Under the variables menu, click create new and give a name. The variable now appear in the menu, in green.
    • For using it you have to set a value to it.
      Exemple : set variable (myVarInGreen) to 1.
    • To change it and really make it something that vary, either use the same "set variable" function, or use "change variable (myVarInGreen) by ( amountToAdd )" . Of course, use negative number to substract.

1.3 years ago

Hi, welcome :)

My suggestion is : have fun. Some people main objective is getting a max of "website points". It is legitimate but it could get you away from the fun of the game itself. Do as you please :)

My other advice is : use others players crafts as a learning source, and don't get discouraged by the complexity of some of them.

Bye :)

1.3 years ago

Maybe you can use the "tinker panel" to shrink the engine size down ? (I've never tried)
    Also the "separatrons" could be of use if someday some engines require ullage ( avoiding sucking gas, only liquid, by giving the craft a short acceleration just before firing the "big" engine, for some cryogenic fuels )

1.3 years ago

Mostly Windows, sometimes Android (android phone 6", and no stylus but you are right a stylus would make sense because I shrinked the interface size)

1.3 years ago

Welcome Jepp

1.4 years ago

Hello, what I did :
    - renamed the parts that should eject "eject 1", "eject 2", etc
    - used the snippet below

(Because it is invisible in the screenshot : there is a whitespace after the "eject" in the "join" lines, because I named the parts "eject X". Of course you can name them as you want if you cnahge the "join" accordingly)

1.4 years ago

Hello Helius, welcome !

1.4 years ago

Meters, and it is diameter not radius.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong

1.4 years ago

Congrats for the 1k users milestone :)

1.4 years ago

Assuming the bulbs can operates at lower voltage, Nathan could set switch 1 to On, put one random resistor after switch 2, and let switch 3 Off.

At the attic, the bulb linked to switch 1 will be full intensity, the bulb related to switch 2 will be dimmed, and the last will be off and related to switch 3

wait, Nerfenthusiast answer is way better <3

1.4 years ago

Hi BnanaX, welcome :)
    I agree with TestRunner, I will just add you can join the Discord if you ever need "quick" answers or chit chat.
    The "main" Discord, is here : https://discord.gg/HFJ6jkp

1.4 years ago

Do you plan to release videos ?

1.5 years ago

In your example, one solution may be to change a variable in you "part exploded event listener" and to check this variable in your wait until condition.
    example :
    on part exploded with other at velocity.....
    set var somethingWentBoom to true
    (rest of your onpart exploded program)

and
    on start
    set var somethingWentBoom to false
    ( your start )
    wait until ( apo > 15 000 and not somethingWentBoom )
    ( your code )
    wait until ( apo > 20 000 and not somethingWentBoom )
    ( etc )

I think it would work, sorry if it dont.

1.6 years ago

What there was a career mode ? :D
    How to you earn money ? What are the features ? Could you upload your save ( sandbox ) so I can try to load it, if you say " the player's profile still works with career." ?
    edit : I found nowhere mention on career mode on the 0.7.0x changelog blog posts

1.7 years ago

There is only sandbox gamemode at the moment, sorry :)
    ( Me too I'm waiting for the career mode, but I'm not sure it is a priority. Last time I checked it wasnt on the roadmap )

1.7 years ago