This is a replica of the Lego Avengers Helicopter from the Marvel collection. If you like this, also check out my other Lego creations.
- Minifigure pilot!
- Activation Groups for hover, cockpit and wings, interior and exterior lighting, and a cockpit camera quick link
- Vizzy program to maintain hover
- Here is a short video showing the craft in action. Pretty straightforward operation; just press AG1 to activate the hover, then use standard controls to yaw, pitch, and roll. Be careful, the gyroscope is really sensitive.
- This is not a real helicopter. I repeat: this is not a real helicopter. In order to make this craft fun to use, I had to make it work like a hovercraft. Maybe in the future I'll try to make a functional 'copter, but others have done it much better than me.
- I have used tinker panel mainly to improve physics (disabling drag and collisions on all of the exterior studs) and get the CoM just right without messing with the Lego structure.
- To make this a functional craft I had to include fuel reservoirs and gyroscope using size and mass scaling.