This is a scale replica of the Star Wars SnowSpeeder from The Empire Strikes Back. If you like this, also check out my Lego Benny's Spaceship
- There is a LEGO minifigure pilot now! If you'd rather have an astronaut, just add a seat where the minifigure currently sits
- Activation Groups for hover, forward/reverse thrust, cockpit open/close, interior and exterior lighting, and dash cam engine rotation
- Primarily an in-atmosphere speeder, but has enough thrust and fuel to escape (just disable hover after you gain speed to escape)
- Functional dash (rudimentary, but true to the Lego piece) that has switches for major functions (hover, cockpit), and a hover height gauge
- All Lego pieces are accurately replicated, including all studs and attachment points; this results in a high part count but it runs very stable even on high settings on my iPhone
- Here is a short video showing the operation of the craft. Whatever you do, don't turn off autopilot if you're hovering!
- I have used tinker panel mainly to improve physics (disabling drag and collisions on all of the exterior studs) and get the CoM just right without messing with the Lego structure
- To make this a functional craft I had to include a Methalox reservoir using size and mass scaling.
- Don't open the cockpit while you're flying! Results may be unfortunate
Check out my crafts and videos