The purpose of this mod is to send data from a Flight Program to an external receiver, or to a text file. This mod adds a part called "Orange Black Box Plus" in the Gizmo section. Once connected to your craft, you can add a Flight Program to the "Orange Black Box Plus." Any variables in that Flight Program starting with
log_ will automatically be sent to the UDP receiver, and/or the specified log file. Also, if enabled, any log messages your Flight Program generates will be sent to the receiver and log file.
When using the log file, if you specify a relative path (not starting with a
/ on mac, or a
C:\ on windows), the file will be saved to the location where SimpleRockets2 stores
UserData, but you can also specify an absolute path. The directory you specify must already exist. The file name you specify will have the craft id added to it for uniqueness. If the file already exists data will be appended to it. If you prefer to use the UDP service, see the receiver.py script in the GitHub repository.
Note: the "Orange Black Box Plus" part starts out deactivated. It will not begin recording data until it is activated.
This "Orange Black Box Plus" has a few additional capabilities compared to the original "Orange Black Box":
- There is now a part property setting for sampling frequency instead of using a special variable.
- There is now a part property setting to enable logging to a file.
- There is now a part property setting to include all log messages.
- Variable sampling now works in time warp mode (with a scaled frequency).
- A timestamp is now included with each sample.
- The receiver script is now python 2.7 and 3 compatible, and outputs valid yaml documents.
Note: The default UDP port has changed to 2837 to avoid confusion.
- Mod Version: 0.2-beta
- Required SR2 Version: 0.9.30x.x
- Published: 5/6/2020
- Downloads: 409