What is Parallax?
Parallax is a visual mod which adds huge amounts of highly detailed foliage and rocks to diversify the entire planetary system with the goal of making each and every planet unique to explore. These objects can also be made collideable to make navigating the planets more challenging.
- Download Parallax
- Download the Parallax Assets
- Browse to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Jundroo\SimpleRockets 2\Mods. Can't find the AppData folder? See the Troubleshooting section
- Open the ParallaxAssets.zip and copy the "ParallaxData" folder to the "Mods" folder.
- Copy the Parallax2.sr2-mod (downloaded in step 1) to the "Mods" folder as well.
- Launch Juno: New Origins and enable the mod
Inside Jundroo\SimpleRockets 2\Mods, you should have a folder named "ParallaxData" and a file named "Parallax2.sr2-mod". If you instead have a file named "Parallax2", this is fine and you just have file extensions hidden.
Q: I can't find the AppData folder!
A: In the Users/USERNAME folder that you are currently in, look for the "view" button at the top of the File Explorer window. Click "view", then "show" -> "Hidden Items". You should now see the AppData folder.
Q: Nothing is showing up in game!
A: Is the mod enabled? In the top right on the main menu in JNO, click Modifications -> Parallax2 -> Enable. If you get an error, or Parallax2 does not show in the mods list, reread these installation instructions.
In order to achieve a high quality yet highly performant experience, Parallax utilizes a technique called GPU Instancing to draw thousands of objects efficiently. Even if you have a lower spec GPU, Parallax will run great - you can always tweak the settings and cater the experience to your needs:
- For the best experience, I would recommend using a terrain LOD quality of 6.0.
- You can adjust the mod settings by editing Mods\ParallaxData\Assets\Common\ParallaxSettings.xml, where you can adjust the quality settings, enable performance saving modes or even change which objects are collideable for an easy or challenging experience
- GPU with 3GB+ VRAM
- 6GB RAM (with terrain LOD 10)
If you enjoy the mod and would like to show your support, you can find me on Patreon!
Thank you for downloading Parallax.
- Mod Version: 1.0
- Required Juno: New Origins Version: 1.2
- Published: 9/14/2023
- Downloads: 1062