Why ? Once you get enough points to upvote, what does it matter? Is it the color of the box which seems so desirable, or the illusion of status created by the seemingly large number? The behaviour confuses me.

Tags
Discussion

10 Comments

• Profile image
    5,649 SelectAKey

lol yeah the number is arbitrary but some see it as a title. i think is should be removed. or have parameters set for higher ranks to upload more often. also people should stop uploading the default crafts and expect upvotes, and quite literally demanding them sometimes.

9 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,674 Arstotzka

@Mod I see

9 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mod it is also obvious when a craft is posted and only has one upvote by a user with an almost identical username. alt-users often use the same username with only slight change for their alt acct. I theorize this is because they want their friends to recognize them regardless of which account they are posting from.

+1 9 months ago
  • Profile image
    10.2k SoulBlazer

@Zyvx
    I couldn’t agree more. I have learned tons on this site from others. Not only from their crafts but many people are actually really helpful if you ask them.
    The community is what it’s really about for me.
    Im just a master carpenter who likes space engineering. This is a great place for me to learn the basics. The computer science lessons that happen along the way are also a bonus lol.

+2 9 months ago
  • Profile image
    Mod Mod

@YourBestFriend You can sometimes tell because you'll see the same person always upvoting a certain user's crafts. This may not actually be them breaking the rules and may be a coincidence as well, so always make sure to tell a mod so we can check it out.

9 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,674 Arstotzka

@Zyvx This is true.

+1 9 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,674 Arstotzka

@Mod How would we be able to tell?

9 months ago
  • Profile image
    Mod Mod

If you spot someone upvoting their own works with an alt, be sure to let one of us Moderators know. We'll take care of it.

+6 9 months ago
  • Profile image
    21.9k Zyvx

Anyone who does this is missing the best part about the game, status is only accumulated points from various upvotes, but I have found that the true gems you find in this game are the nice people, and the creations built by people who love to build, no matter the points. I seen many amazing things built by people with low points. Overall I think those who worry about points get competitive, those who just enjoy SR2 for its ingenuity and great atmosphere will get more fun out of the game.

+5 9 months ago
  • Profile image

You can’t do that, against the rules. (Idk maybe people do it because they want to have a false sense of accomplishment)

+3 9 months ago

2 Upvotes