Tags
Vizzy

6 Comments

• Profile image

@sflanker oh

one year ago
  • Profile image
    Mod sflanker

Ah, you may find this post helpful. TLDR; bad news, a lot of Vizzy stuff does not work when running on a craft not currently under player control, especially in the atmosphere.

one year ago
  • Profile image

@Zyvx a good example of what you explained is sujun’s radar which has its code in a fuel tank

one year ago
  • Profile image

@sflanker @Zyvx no I already have the stuff but when you disconnect the missiles (yea I’m trying to make auto homing missiles) the vizzy on the command chip (which is supposed to set the missile’s heading to the target) sets the heading of the craft I fired them from (which contains the primary control chip) to the target, but when I switch to the missile to see if something was visibly wrong, but the target was still set and the vizzy was controlling the other craft so idk

one year ago
  • Profile image
    Mod sflanker

Vizzy programs run on either command pods or command chips. Vizzy programs can only interact with parts that connect to them some how (indirect connection should work).

It's possible that the command chip gizmo is what your are looking for. I'm pretty sure it is not possible to run vizzy on a free floating part with no connection to a command chip or command pod. I believe selecting the command chip/pod makes it so you can have a craft including multiple chips or pods.

one year ago
  • Profile image
    21.9k Zyvx

I haven't tried it yet, but I have noticed when I highlighted a part, under advanced part settings I saw a change command pod option, I think if it lets you pick a chip then program that chip on a detached part. I noticed parts with chips can be programmed. I haven't done a fully functioning creation with this, but it looks like it could work, If all else fails see if you make the detached parts a sub assembly with a chip, start new rocket, pull out sub assembly, Vizzy it, save as sub assembly again, and try new rocket and pull out part that was vizzied and see if the program shows vizzy stayed with the part. I am thinking of trying this.

one year ago

No Upvotes