After much code and pixel slingin', the first mobile beta is ready. Aside from mobile support, we've got a surprise new part...astronaut chairs! There are quite a few bug-fixes/tweaks/etc as well, just like any other beta release. All builds have been pushed to their respective stores, and Steam is available now, Android should be trickling out to devices soon (although some may take hours), and iOS is still in the approval process and may take a few days.
Known Issue: We're aware that some people are having issues binding keys. If you are having any issues, we recommend that you reset your keys to default, and try again. We may require that the mappings be set to default upon the final release, but we're still looking into it.
- Added mobile support
- New part - astronaut chairs
- Added Prevent Debris option to tinker panel so any part can be marked as not debris so that it will not be automatically removed from the flight scene when disconnected from the player's craft.
- Prevent parts that are initially disconnected from the player craft from disappearing when entering warp (aka becoming debris).
- Fixed a bug that would prevent nav sphere control if a non-player craft was executing a Vizzy program to lock its nav sphere.
- Fixed issue where some parts (like lights) may not be properly enabled/disabled. For lights, this meant they no-longer glowed at the base after clicking on them.
- Fixed a null ref exception caused when a secondary command pod was initially disconnected from the craft.
- Fixed a bug where the view would zoom when attempting to rotate while using an on-screen analog stick.
- Fixed an issue where the first person view would not rotate correctly on mobile.
- Fixed an issue where it could be very difficult to tap on parts to select them in the flight scene on mobile.
Tweaks - Astronaut
- Animations have been updated.
- Jetpack particle system has been updated.
- The falling animation now takes more vertical speed to reach the peak falling animation. This is most noticeable in small jumps.
- You now slow down faster when at the surface of the water.
- Unbinding the input "Enable Jetpack Inputs" will allow you to use the jetpack-only inputs without pressing a modifier. This could be helpful if you want to move those to keys other that WASDQE to be used simultaneously.
- Reduced potential lag when pulling out an astronaut for the first time in the designer.
Bugfixes - Astronaut
- Fixed bug in XML upgrade code which could add a Crew Compartment to astronauts, which would have the "Enter" button displayed in their inspector panel even though you...cannot enter yourself.
- Fixed bug where upon exiting a command pod, the astronaut would just fall and not be controllable.
- Fixed bug where you could adjust tether length when map view is open.
- Fixed bug where all astronauts would start the jump animation when they weren't being controlled.
- Fixed bug where the FPS crosshairs would remain if you take control of a command pod while in FPS view.
- Fixed regression when after doing a running jump, you would not continue running after landing the jump until you released the input and re-applied.
- Nav sphere can now be toggled when controlling the astronaut.
- Fixed bug where swimming would require and drain jetpack fuel.
- Fixed a bug where the part connection was not destroyed after removing an astronaut from the crew compartment of a command pod.
- Prevent a part connection between a command pod and an astronaut from being deleted via the Part Connections panel.
- Fixed bug where the mouse-cursor would sometimes not reappear when a dialog is displayed while in FPS camera.
- Fixed bug which after loading an astronaut into a crew-compartment could result in inconsistent handling changes to the resulting craft.
- Fixed bug where the astronaut's camera modes would show up in the icon stack (but would do nothing if clicked) when starting a flight which has no astronaut.
- Fixed bug where water physics for the astronaut could get set to low-quality when exiting a crew-compartment.
- Fixed bug where water physics could be disabled when starting outside a crew-compartment.