We've got another beta which just went live on Steam, it's got quite a few bug fixes, tweaks, and a handful of little features for you all to check out. We're hoping to get the first mobile out by the end of next week.
- Added Start Deployed option to landing legs.
- Reduced minimum fuselage length from 0.1 to 0.01.
- Added new row of colors for themes. Defaults were chosen to be used by astronaut.
- Test Dummy no-longer has an "aggressive" pose for the designer icon.
- Landing Gear Start Extended option works like other similar options.
- Landing gear saves how far extended it is in sandbox.
- Fixed an issue where the game would hang on the loading screen if it attempted to download a sandbox without a craft that could be controlled by the player.
- Fixed a bug which silenced some UI sounds (specifically, painting and resizing sounds).
- Fixed bug which could result in some axes not being bindable.
- Fixed bug where water droplets and under-water FX would not animate when the game is paused.
Features - Astronaut
- Added bind-able inputs for shoot tether, extend/retract tether, and run/walk.
- Added speed and smoothing options for FPS camera under Flight Settings.
- Added toggle button to enable/disable jet-pack via astronaut's inspector panel.
- Added slider to adjust jump strength via astronaut's inspector panel.
- Added button switch between run/walk via astronaut's inspector panel.
- Added jet-pack power slider to astronaut's inspector panel.
Tweaks - Astronaut
- Changed default binding for the tether to "F" (from middle mouse button).
- Retract/extend tether is now bound to keypad +/- in addition to the mouse scroll-wheel.
- When jumping with the astronaut, the forward/aft jet-packs will not fire until you release and reapply the input. This is to prevent the the jet-packs from immediately firing when you do a running jump, or briefly leave the ground while running.
- Astronaut now show proper cost/mass in designer.
- Reduced sliding when the astronaut turns.
- Astronauts will now slow down faster when moving very fast on the terrain (such as after jumping off an aircraft). This impacts all planets but will be especially noticeable low-gravity planets, like Luna.
- Astronauts' animations now vary depending on the planet's gravity.
- Added warning for double-binding inputs associated with regular flight controls and astronauts.
- Added warning for attempting to load an astronaut into a part which was XML modded to have a crew compartment if that part doesn't have the proper attach points (surface).
Bugfixes - Astronaut
- Fixed bug causing extremely fast movement on Luna, or any planet without an atmosphere.
- Fixed bug where the game could become unresponsive when approaching a craft which has astronauts in a crew-compartment.
- Fixed bug where saving/reloading could cause astronauts in a crew compartment to be extremely light and handle strangely (fast speed, super high jumps) after taking control of them. Also fixes bug where you can get shot out of the water at high speeds.
- Fixed bug where the astronaut's camera icons would sometimes not enable properly.
- Fixed bug where you could attach parts to the astronaut. This would be a cool feature to have at some point, but unfortunately it is not currently supported.
- Fixed bug where you could attach the astronaut to parts which do-not have a crew-compartment.
- Fixed bug where camera could be jerky in FPS view.
- Fixed bug where astronauts' jet-pack sounds could turn on in the startup menu.
- Fixed bug which occurred when moving a craft far enough away from an astronaut then opening/closing map view.