Hello all, just a heads-up that I've just pushed out another update to the beta branch on Steam. It's mostly bug-fixes and a couple features since the original v0.9.0.0 release.

Here's the change-log:

FEATURES

• Added three new sliders: Forward, Right, and Up for translation inputs. Note they are only used in Translational Mode.

Vizzy - Feature

• Added Translation Mode to Set Craft Input instruction.

Bugs

• Fixed tooltip on Reset Staging button in the staging editor.
  • Fixed issue where engine exhaust isn't rendering properly.
  • Fixed regression where you could see through the terrain if you moved the camera far away from your craft.
  • Fixed bug where ambient water sounds would go away if you were far enough under the sea level.
  • Fixed regression where craft nodes load at 1km instead of 10km.

Bugs - Astronaut

• Fixed issue causing mouse cursor to not be visible in map-view when switching to it while in FPS view.
  • Fixed issue where astronauts are visible when loaded in the command pod in the startup screen.
  • Fixed bug which could result in astronaut always "falling down", and is uncontrollable (there may be other cases of this...let us know if you find any).
  • Fixed bug where astronaut could be visible for one frame even though they're in a crew compartment.
  • You can no-longer overfill a crew compartment w/astronauts.
  • Fixed issue where camera could go "under water" on planets which don't have water.
  • Fixed bug causing astronauts to blow up when exiting the command pod under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed issue where astronauts could refuel by grappling to anything, even terrain. It should now only work when tethered to a craft.
  • Fixed bug where you could switch to an astronaut which is in the crew compartment with the "Next/Prev Command Pod" hotkeys.
  • Fixed bug where astronauts were not controllable after using the "Next/Prev Command Pod" hotkeys.
  • Astronauts now show their name in the UI message when switching to them via hotkeys (instead of "Craft-XYZ") and in Map View's search panel.

Comments

• Profile image
    1,275 theUSSR

this is old. this spammed my email.

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@PointBreak thanks

7 months ago
  • Profile image

No problem, in that case it's "[How to Opt In to a Beta]
    (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229485944)", no quotes and no space (had to separate it to not show it as a link)
    There's also a formatting guide

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@PointBreak Ik I ask this a lot, but how do u do the text link thing? I’ve tried but it never works.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

Can you please tell about it's official release not exact but somewhere around .

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    2,208 Chtite451SR2

@cmdrzami you "place" the astronauts onto the command pod

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

how do i add astronauts? it says 3 available and 3 capacity but i dunno how to put astronauts on it

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@manfri06 How To Opt In To A Beta.

It should update as soon as you opt in

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@RocketBuilder
    but if I wanted to install the beta how should I do?

7 months ago
  • Profile image

I know@RocketBuilder

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@manfri06 That is a question for @PhilipTarpley

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@RocketBuilder @PhilipTarpley
    and when will it be an official update?

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@PhilipTarpley thanks

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@manfri06 it’s still only beta so you have to instal it yourself

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@Teague still, I want it no matter how terrible it is

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    494 OldCoach

Would it be possible to add the ability to attach, extend and retract the astronaut's tether in 3rd person mode?

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@manfri06 The update is currently on the beta branch for Steam.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@OldCoach Glad to hear that worked :)

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    494 OldCoach

@PhilipTarpley Thank you! My scroll wheel does click. News flash on me. I didn't know the wheel could be used as a third button. Hey, I'm a 68 year old retired educator that knows enough about computers to get himself in trouble.

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

I play from PC but I don't find any update.
    can anyone tell me what to do that i don't want to miss such a nice update

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    4,944 SelectAKey

@PhilipTarpley well if it does indeed become a part. During 1st person mode, interactive panels, knobs, switches, and levers would be a nice way to fly.

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@SelectAKey Maybe at some point, but IVA won't be in the initial release.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@OldCoach Is your scroll wheel click-able? That is usually the middle mouse button on most mice. The final release will have the input as bind-able so you can change it if you don't have a middle mouse button available, though.

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    4,944 SelectAKey

since we have the comnand pod will we get a cockpit?

+3 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    494 OldCoach

Quick question about deployment of the tether to keep the astronaut anchored to a spacecraft. We're told to use the center mouse button. How do we deploy the tether if our mouse just has 2 buttons and a wheel? Is there a key on the keyboard that will do the same thing?

7 months ago

57 Upvotes