I just released a new beta update for SR2 on the
experimental branch on Steam. I've added a ton of new features to Vizzy and I wanted to get this tonight out so you could check it out over the weekend for those who are interested. The new update includes support for vectors and lists and a ton of new expressions, instructions, and other enhancements.
I've done a lot of polishing on the UI so hopefully, the plethora of dropdown boxes are a little easier to understand.
I've also added a way to view log messages from your programs by clicking on the part and then clicking View Log in the part inspector.
Here are the current list of changes:
- Added support for vector operations: angle, clamp, cross product, dot product, distance, min, max, project, x, y, z, length, and normalize.
- Added support for lists/arrays to Vizzy: add item, insert item, remove item, set item, remove all, sort, reverse, set list, item of, length of, and index of.
- Added dialog to add Custom Instructions and Custom Expressions in Vizzy.
- Added View Log button in part inspector
- Added for loop instruction to Vizzy.
- Added instructions to set a part's name, activated state, and to cause it to explode.
- Added expressions to get a part's ID from its name, activated state, position, part type, temperature, min/max part IDs in the craft, and the ID of the part executing the flight program.
- Added icons and tooltips to dropdown lists and expand their width to show all items.
- Added Frame Delta Time, Time Since Launch, and Total Time to Vizzy expressions.
- Added Craft Position, Craft Planet, Heading, Pitch, Bank Angle, Angle of Attack, Side Slip, North, East, Craft Direction, Craft Right, Craft Up, Target Position, Target Velocity, Target Name, and Target Planet to Vizzy.
- Added Planet expression: Planet Mass, Radius, Atmosphere Height, Solar Position, Child Planets, Crafts, and Parent.
- Added expression to convert a lat/long/AGL to and from a position vector.
- Allow support for a dynamic number of arguments for the "join" expression in Vizzy, which makes string joining much easier.
- Added Change SOI event to Vizzy.
- Added Part Explode event to Vizzy.
- Added Part Collision event to Vizzy.
- Added log message instruction.
- Added atan2 to Vizzy.
- Create an undo step prior to saving a flight program to the craft so the user can undo to recover their flight program as it was before it was saved.
- Changed CraftProperties AngularVelocity to a vector instead of a number.
- Enhanced text inputs in Vizzy to remember their text when replaced with an expression that is later removed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented targeting crafts with Vizzy.
- Fixed a bug where clicking Retry on a downloaded sandbox would load the incorrect craft.
- Fixed a bug where Vizzy incorrectly set Slider2 when it was instructed to set Slider1 (and vice-versa).
- Fixed a bug where Vizzy used the incorrect deltaTime during warp modes.
- Fixed a bug where the "Fuel All Stages" property would never report 0.