Can there be transparency in colors.
In my opinion if a block is transparent we must still see the edges and vertices of the cube.

Tags
Suggestion

2 Comments

• Profile image
    4,521 TestRunner

I think this is a great idea,
    I have been wondering the same thing.
    Quite frustrating having to heat shield cockpit parts etc that are exposed because of leaving a hole for a window.
    I think transparency should be like you said, still see the corners and keeping the gloss option for shine on round objects. Maybe offer a translucent (clouded glass) option too eventually.
    Also a cut tool would be amazing. Mostly for making window and door openings in parts or for creating cockpit and living spaces inside of overlapping parts.
    It would save tons of time and extra parts.
    At the moment to make a flat wall with 1 window requires at least 5 panels including the main part to make it look like tinted glass from the outside.

5 months ago
  • Profile image

You can make transparent paints, the problem is that the parts can't have transparency, so the paint looks opaque once you apply it
    Making parts transparent can be a problem in the rendering engine (currently transparency would prevent water to be rendered behind the part and some other issues like that)

+4 9 months ago

2 Upvotes