I'm gonna have to be real with you all. SimpleRockets 2 is unsalvageable bantha.

1. Horrible building mechanics
    We can't build. The menus are too complex and there are too many rules making it hard to mirror parts.

2. Did i mention the menus are too complex? Yeah. They're too complicated.

3. The flight camera is horrendous. I understand it's made for rocket launches but i can't even see where I'm going.

Developers please stop trying to make people waste money switching from Simpleplanes to Simplerockets 2 by adding crap and instead fix the darn game. I am considering getting a refund.

12 Comments

• Profile image
    15.4k nico412

everyone disliked that

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    102 GINGER01

It's a bit of a hard transfer from SP to SR2, just got to get used to it. As well, we have to remember that SR2 is still in early access, it still has knots to work out. As well, these are two different games, I agree, it's hard to build but that's because I'm so used to SP. The best thing we can do is give feedback to the Devs and stop complaining. The Devs work too hard.

11 months ago
  • Profile image

And do not get mad at the developers and name calling their game.

+1 11 months ago
  • Profile image

Go post your complaints elsewhere. You obviously didn't give the game a try but for 5 minutes.

11 months ago
  • Profile image

It seems like your real complaint is that this isn't SP3. You know you can make your own game full of the features and menus you see fit. This is a different game for a different audience--with a now growing, awesome community.

+3 11 months ago
  • Profile image

"We can't build".
    because you're from SP.Some SP Players Started playing SR2 and they're ok with that because this game is a completely different game from SP and of course some SP stuff are adopted to improve the game.

SP is a game mainly for airplanes
    SR2 is a game mainly for rockets

It may be pretty hard to learn in SR2 but it takes time and learning to do that.
    Like what some said this is ridiculous.
    Developers wasn't making people waste money but making what they purchase simply worth it.This is still early access unlike SP which is released years ago.
    And if you are saying "this is a waste of money" then how do they made this and SP for free in Educational purposes?
    I could accept that the game is complicated but not completely a damn crap.

+1 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    15.1k Bmcclory

I’m agree with everything pedro16797 and MarioG said, this post is a bit ridiculous. It’s an early access game, of course the game isn’t perfect. Along with what Pedro said, you’re not giving nearly enough information about what you find wrong with the menus, you aren’t giving nearly enough information. Also, if you feel as if the designer is complicated, that’s because you don’t understand it completely. It was the same for SP for everyone. The game has a learning curve, just like SP.

+3 11 months ago
  • Profile image

What you have to understand is that SimplePlanes has been out for years and has had plenty of time to receive community feedback and become what it is now. SimpleRockets 2 only came out in early access last November, and as such you can expect it to be more rough around the edges than SP. Personally, I prefer SR2 over SP and am excited to see it grow. I'm sorry you don't like the game, but please consider the facts I have stated above.

+5 11 months ago
  • Profile image

This post is so self entitled. You’re just salty that SR2 isn’t SP with rockets lmao. Take the time to learn a new game. Every ‘issue’ you mentioned is literally no problem at all, even for a relative noob like me.

+7 11 months ago
  • Profile image

You know you can move the camera around, right? And honestly the menus to me seem pretty simple and easy to use.

Sure, some things do need changing, but that's why it's in early access. :P

+3 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    30.6k MarioG

lol ok relax
    1. yes camera is crap, can be fixed
    2. building mechanics from SP to SR2 is bad but when you get used to it its fine, i tried to build in SP and got confused out of my mind, that dosnt make SP's build mechanics bad.
    3. menus are perfectly fine if you know the basics of rocket science if you dont you will have a bad time, but learning the basics or playing over time will help, also the game provides tons of escapes to not use the menus, but its a rocket building game so
    4. mentioning three points, two of which are about the camera and calling the game unsalvageable is ridiculous.

+6 11 months ago
  • Profile image

The camera is indeed quite bad for many things and there're many problems in the game but instead of pointing at them you say the menus are overcomplicated :/

I mean, go to parts, select one part and place it. Go to shape tool and adjust the shape, go to mirror and mirror it. I don't see the complexity. And if you're talking about all the options in the engines, you have many preconfigured engines to choose.

Btw, if you check all the updates there're far more bug fixes than additions. If you prefer simple planes, fine, the game is clearly more polished, the community bigger and you may like some of the mechanics more... But asking for a refund? I think they're working a lot on polishing SR2 and mobile version is coming soon, one of the most requested features

+7 11 months ago

No Upvotes