13 Comments

• Profile image
    13.4k Vedhaspace

a colourfull but glass like or crystal like planet

+1 28 days ago
  • Profile image
    12.2k Zenithspeed

some more ideas i have:
    - random gas giant, has a floating base or two on it (doesn't need to be super detailed tho)
    - habitable planet with a very nostalgic feel to it: slightly darker than usual grass, dark blue skies, a big moon in the sky often visible during the day, and an all-around orange/yellow/amber colored illumination for maximum nostalgia effect (if you don't want to do it, i'm making something like this later too)
    - dark gray planet with several much brighter tectonic stretch marks and/or canyons (basically Mercury but a little different)
    - rocky planet with very big icy/snowy polar caps and a medium density (around ~0.300 to ~0.600 kg/m^3) atmosphere
    - planet with fairly large lakes of mercury (Hg)
    - semi-habitable planet predominantly composed of swamps, but also has marshlands and other similar biomes (add a Shrek easter egg somewhere)
    - small artificial moon that uses the game's ring generation right at the surface (i.e. set the inner ring boundary to 1) as a "hologram border" between two distinctive sides of the moon

+1 29 days ago
  • Profile image

another planet idea:
    a very big (5-6x times bigger than droo) rocky planet with dense and thick atmosphere mostly made from helium and hydrogen sulfide. Large plains, deep canyons, extremely tall mountains and large lakes of liquid helium and nitrogen in the surface. This will be a extremely cold, big and deadly planet and no craters because how thick and dense the atmosphere is, no asteroids can reach its surface. It will have two moons really really far away from the planet, first moon (the closest one) will be 2-3x smaller than droo but still have an atmosphere as thick as droo and made from similar stuff as the main planet its orbiting, the surface will have a few large craters and mostly large icy plains and geysers that launch liquid helium and nitrogen as high speeds.
    the second moon (farthest one) will be a bit bigger than the closer moon with a thinner atmosphere made from the similar stuff as the main planet its orbiting, the surface will be mostly made from oceans of deep liquid nitrogen and just a few small islands of ice swimming on it.

and if you actually decide to do it, please tag me then its done.

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image

something like J1407B

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    23.4k Ylias

@DrooMulticompany Good. Now post it publicly

one month ago
  • Profile image
    23.4k Ylias

@DrooMulticompany Still waiting for the craft I asked you to make on this post.

one month ago
  • Profile image

Maid Dress Drood planet NOW

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

A rocky, mountainous, terrestrial planet having very few flat spots (Plains, deserts, etc.) that goes through extreme hot/cold cycles due to its extremely eccentric orbit.
    Or a Gas giant like Venusian/terrestrial planet that has a space fairing alien race living on its surface and plant life with a stunning ring system relatively far out around it.

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image

dystopian droo
    droo after a nuclear war with either a really hot or really cold average temperature.
    destroyed space centers
    craft wreckages
    craters
    secret locations

+3 2 months ago
  • Profile image

Astronomy is a very, very diverse thing. If you think of some really weird planet, it probably exists (unless it's 4 pieces of a destroyed planet orbiting each other and stuff like that).

Think of something unusual (but also realistic), and make sure it exists, and BANG you have a universe of Ideas

+4 2 months ago
  • Profile image
    2,687 BeastHunter

@Zenithspeed I made something like the fourth one, except painfully terrestrial.

+2 2 months ago
  • Profile image
    1,157 Luckwut

spac engin

+1 2 months ago
  • Profile image
    12.2k Zenithspeed

here are some i've made up:
    - rocky planet/moon with fairly deep canyons, where an otherwise thin atmosphere piles up into a thicker one
    - EXTREMELY puffy ultra-low density gas giant with a strange pattern in its clouds
    - cold planet with lakes of liquid nitrogen/oxygen
    - a semi-habitable planet which has recently started the runaway greenhouse effect, with already a decently thick (~3 kg/m^3) atmosphere and clouds that obscure like 90% of the surface
    - very tiny asteroid moon which is absolutely dominated by some sort of alien base
    - large atmosphereless rocky planet, with some very deep craters and whatnot

+3 2 months ago

9 Upvotes