The vote system is good idea but also a harsh one to some , this has ran off many players over the years including myself at one time. I beg to have a site change to a better system that all feels like they are progressing and a sense of achievement.

Tags
Discussion

Comments

• Profile image

@Mostly You know what? I'm building for myself ideas . But it's for to share with public. The game would not be as good any other way . The upvotes are a HUGE part of my game . Thank you. And it's fun gaining points. Because it's the best not thing to actually gain in game , progress like . It's a score like . But I use upvotes as copyrights and downloads like sales . That's my game .. and there are others that care about it as much as I do or more . In this way or other ways . Who wants to feel like they suck rest of their life ? Why help make them think so when they did buy and try the game and tried to share even if their not good yet. They can give up or be encouraged to keep trying.. it's you all's choice . But I have chosen to help them instead. And have done this for years now here . Felixfan is someone that did similar. But you all ponged on him for it .. we don't suck . We know what was best and was doing what we could to help the State of Game

Pinned 2 months ago
  • Profile image

@CaptinD2 new idea then add republican to the democratic set up by adding a how many upvotes you give back out system to

Pinned 2 months ago
  • Profile image

Let's keep this conversation clean , shall we!!

Pinned 2 months ago
  • Profile image

Build for the build, not for the votes

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image

@Nicman that would help. I just have the new craft page tab quick link to the new craft page 1 . Hey. Little hint. You can go back 2500 pages lol or more and look at all ever uploaded. I did once . And went through ever craft uploaded. Takes a while. But worth it!. Just do it in address bar

one month ago
  • Profile image
    0 Nicman

I think it would help if the new crafts tab had could be more visible, because a lot of the users might just go to the Hottest tab. Some of the crafts in the new tab are actually quite good, but never get upvotes and downloads. :(

one month ago
  • Profile image
    180 Touhoufan

As with Mostly’s comment, if you treat this site as a social media website, where core values are upvotes, rank, social status, and so on, you will soon become dissatisfied and eventually drop the game. Here, we enjoy the creativity offered by the game and post our creations for fun, and if the website is used as social media, what would the game be?

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image

@SumoSasquatch85 @Mostly I can't delete his foul mouth words . And it's almost a set up to get this post deleted. Whatever if not . But still . I can't delete his message and my post doesn't deserve to get deleted because him either. After it's a ok topic and going ok for now .

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Jacobdaniel I'll just delete that message. I don't need it to have that kind of attitude or attention here

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    3,942 Dawon

@Jacobdaniel !!!

+1 2 months ago
  • Profile image
    2,545 Jacobdaniel
    2 months ago
  • Profile image

@SumoSasquatch85 I been playing 2.5 years. It's not just about building . Yes sorta you can look at it as it's not really anything. But here we are. Here is the system , and that's how this site is PLAYED ,. It adds more to a otherwise loneliness game . And more to work for . Look. The points is what puts these at their list charts in game . And I'm trying to actually share with everyone. When there is mass upvote gathering at once from a discord . It ruins everything else that's not . Average upvotes are 3-15. Hight 20's unless you are still being backed up by such an entity. It makes so even good and great builds get way less attention and never a chance on any best of all time.. I'm promoting new ideas to share with the rest of the world also . And this doesn't make that much fair trying either.

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    3,942 Dawon

My guy, they're literally imaginary internet points. Just build stuff for fun, and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

+1 2 months ago
  • Profile image

@MisatoKatsuragi really? Skulled . . R.I.P. basically huh? I'm trying to help the game . And everyone is against me . I can see what is going on under the blankets here and everyone involved

2 months ago
  • Profile image

:skull:

+3 2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mostly This is not Just a game it's a physics building sandbox. I use this to create airplanes that I can make in real like. I use this to design and test first . I been in RC hobby longer than a lot been alive on this site . And this is a way I can also share these new plane concepts and other things. Yes some for fun. My Raytheon is both. I can make in real like R C.. and another fact . Most technology starts with Rc version and then made full scale . Harder to fly an RC than a real plane BTW . If you don't know that . But useing the game right, you can and I have designed real concepts that can be made real . And I love fact I can share instead being stuck in a box all our lives not able to share our ideas and concepts , but that later yes , trust me . Higher up people get to see . Like company employees

2 months ago
  • Profile image

https://youtu.be/Dnk0Be4a0aw

Intermission break video, I challenge anyone saying the words to this video doesn't have anything to do with sr2. This is a music video. Funny . And you can put it all to sr2 site here .. it can be relative to sr2. So please don't challenge this video, Mods .
    https://youtu.be/CAv75mTimRc and me , and his is my status in this game . And how I feel about it and the site and myself

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mostly here is small example of this public.. you jump in here said your peace but no upvote , that tells public your willing to intervene but not support the Topic.. see .. that is seen by public eye and then they follow doing the same . It's rude .. and none supportive but being in the argument . Being an image and others want to be like a mod right, and they follow them .. well this is part of some I'm saying goes on here in site and discord.. I have nothing against you or other Mods . Game site been good as in bad stuff .. but you do have people that only follows what mods support. And that's a cult trend of its own in game to

2 months ago
  • Profile image

If you want this game to succeed the game team as in mods and all should support the players not the other way around. And promote outside sources for game distribution. Like education schools and such . Widen the game category also. It's a sandbox , education, space and physics building game . In game stores this needs to be in several categories. That will help to .. there is a lot the jundroo team either doesn't care or do that they could of been doing

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mostly I'm looking at this like a dear lover of the game , concerned for it's state of game . And it's community that has gotten smaller if you look at the poles . Pedro and Andrew posts upvotes . Like a pole on a current active .count . . And I'm looking at this as an adult parent . Looking at why everything. And finding solutions

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mostly I still stand to what I'm saying here to tho. Even tho your Mostly Right . Public game with a social platform.. and children involved.. the math adds up to what the site is now .. it's not bad . It's going ok.. but you can't make every child feel accomplished playing and sharing ideas .. there is a downfall .. this type of situation causes depression to.. so you may have your thoughts of . Site is just fine as it .. I say it was doomed from beginning just because of the circumstances it puts itself in and everybody else and children that plays when they try to share. They can get so bummed because they build crap and everyone says they do . I am 48 and parent of 3 children. Under ages .. your not dealing with a child. Your dealing with a parent that does have some power towards issues like this if I deemed so . I'm parent of three teens I say children because they are my children . I have given mare upvotes a lot I'm only one. On crafts that's actually good but ignored by rest . Those in turn feel better afterwards in what they build then in turn they stay long and get better in game as they progress.. I have done this for over 2 years in game testing 70 percent of all that have Ever been published going back to page 1 and going through all . I did that a long time ago and just tried to keep up . Those players are still here and some not . But . I did everything I could to keep players wanting to play and share! Effort is worth votes to sometimes.

2 months ago
  • Profile image

@Mostly I'm with you on that . Okay
    like game because you like to build .. sharing is upmost important , because It gives each other a feeling of our ideas getting out in a real world some how or another

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    Mod Mostly

Well known fact that having upvotes, comments, downloads etc. as a driving factor to make stuff in the game will only get you so far. It's been a relevant argument long before SR2 was a thing and people still think this way in SP with its much longer history. Easy solution is just build for fun, lots of players including myself do it because we enjoy the satisfaction of building. If you treat the game like a social media site with the dopamine rush of upvotes, achievements, and community status, you'll end up resenting and dropping the game like one too.

+7 2 months ago
  • Profile image

I agree with the essential idea. Perhaps with career mode there is an opportunity to change the way the site works.

2 months ago
  • Profile image

One thing the SR2 community hasn't learned
    Upvotes are useless internet points

+4 2 months ago

4 Upvotes