The new update is now live on Steam and is rolling out to Google Play and iOS. It includes a new desert base, fuselage smoothing, several enhancements to Planet Studio, among other things.
The new desert base has two runways, several hangars, towers, a guard shack, and more.
The new bases have some new toys to play with as well. Now bases can support rigid bodies.
- Added new desert base.
- Added vector support to the Vizzy fUNk expression
- Added Fuselage Smoothing
New fuselage smoothing in action:
- Upgraded to Unity 2020.3.3f1
- Improved triangulation for fuselage meshes to improve lighting.
- Increased character limit of text inputs to 500.
- There is now a maximum number of encounters created, to prevent massive numbers of them from being created in certain circumstances.
- Target boxes in map-view will no longer fade out as the distance from the camera passes a certain point.
- You can now target your craft's parent planets, although no encounter prediction will be shown (since that doesn't make sense).
- Added help button to Vizzy that redirects the user to a new help section on the website.
- New base parts
- Air Traffic Control Tower Basic
- Basic Stairs
- Concrete Sphere
- Garage Door
- Hangar Bunker
- Hangar Reinforced Small
- Hangar Reinforced Large
- Hollow Cylinder
- New windows
- New Barrel PS part
- Railing parts
- Strut Tower
- Shipping Crate
- Wooden Crate
- Tweaked some existing base parts to support custom colors
- Fixes to Outpost materials and fuel tank materials.
- Added Mass property to sub-structures. When positive, it will turn the sub-structure tree into a rigid body. Note:
- Children with mass will not be a separate rigid body, but instead will affect the center of mass of the parent.
- Children will use the LOD of the parent rigid body sub-structure.
- Concave colliders are not supported and they will be automatically converted by Unity to a convex collider.
- Added Launch FX objects
- Launch FX - controls child launch FX objects.
- Launch FX Light - Lights launch particles
- Launch FX Pad - Particle FX for a flat surface
- Launch FX Trench - Particle FX for a flame trench.
- Added angularVelocity attribute to sub-structures.
- Moved base primitive objects to the Terrain Feature layer so the camera can clip through them in the flight scene.
- Only show Update Launch Locations button on sub-structures that actually have launch locations in them.
- Improved performance of Planet Objects flyout.
- Structures now cast shadows in Planet Studio.