It's finally done. The Planet Studio Update is now available for your downloading pleasure. Work on this update actually started back in late 2019 and we are all feeling a bit like Frodo at this point. If you haven't been keeping up with the new features, you can read about them on the previous blog posts here, here, here, and here.
Here are the highlights:
- Planet Studio for PC/Mac
- Added 20 new celestial bodies:
- Completely redesigned Droo, Cylero, Luna, Tydos, Urados, and Juno
- Added two new planets: Vulco and Sergeaa
- Added eleven new moons
- Added one new comet
- Added new runways, buildings, and launchpad.
- Added new gauge part.
- Added new launch steam visual effects.
- Added Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.
- Atmospheres now render in the main menu, map-view, and planet studio.
- Allow targeting launch sites during flight